Electrical Jumping alternator dash wire after digital dash install?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
Just looking for verification. Im in the middle of installing my Holley efi 6.86" pro dash. I know I need to jump the wires on pin 2 and 14 on the factory harness to turn on the alternator. Can I just run a simple 14g wire jumper or does it need a resistor soldered in? If so does anyone know what resistor I need or does anyone make a jumper plug n play harness? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just looking for verification. Im in the middle of installing my Holley efi 6.86" pro dash. I know I need to jump the wires on pin 2 and 14 on the factory harness to turn on the alternator. Can I just run a simple 14g wire jumper or does it need a resistor soldered in? If so does anyone know what resistor I need or does anyone make a jumper plug n play harness? Thanks
attachments\568094

Any 1/2 watt, 500 Ω resistor, or any 1/2 watt resistor between 470- 560 Ω if you can't find a 500 Ω resistor

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, got the resistor ordered. Now what would be the best way to do this without cutting the factory wiring? Would a T tap connector on each wire with the resistor soldered in between work ok? T tap-jumper wire-resistor-jumper wire to T tap ? Or does anyone make a plug and play harness?

Everything worked like a charm, thanks. How hot does a 1/2w 470ohm resistor get? I put a wire covering over the entire jumper I made so it won't touch anything. Is that ok?

sorry for jumping in on this.... putting together my autometer dash for the 90 vert. Am going to put a 500ohm 0.5 W resistor between wires 2 and 14 on the classic dash wiring plug - the two pink wires- even though the instructions do not say this is needed nor did their tech support .. can you post the link to where you bought your resistor?

Wondering if I should also as backup install a 194 bulb between pin 2 and 14 even if not visible for insurance.

1611022561157.jpeg

I just realized after installing the digital dash with the 500ohm resistor jumper wire that I used a 1/4watt and not a 1/2 watt. I am starting to notice a sight voltage drop as I get into the higher rpms and also noticed slightly less voltage at idle. It used to be around 14.6 @ idle and now it’s 14.4-14.5 and it also drops to 14.3 in the upper rpm range. Could the wrong resistor be causing this?

I am also noticing a sight fuel pressure drop in the same upper rpm range as the voltage drops. This seemed to happen once I installed the dash and I’m curious if the wrong resistor is the issue?