Junkyard Gt

Hammershop

Active User
Mar 2, 2017
thought Id post a couple pics of the 88 gt I bought out of a junkyard for 500,,needed plenty of work but thanks to the south no rust ever,,just dings and tired paint,,plus a blown up t5,,there was some small stuff missing but I got to it before it really started getting picked over

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Are you kidding me! An '88 t-top GT for $500!

Fan-freaking-tastic find my friend!:nice: Those are a tough thing to find.

I'm not particularly fond of that hood, looks like something one might see Darth Vader looking through on a space ship.

Other than that though, jeeeeeez! What a spectacular find.

Last edited:
jambs out repaint,,by the way since everybody has a cowl induction hood of some version I spliced on an original ram air hood scoop from a 1970 amc amx,,the underside is finished out so it could be made funcional ,,had to scrounge trans parts since the original was grenaded,,even broke the bellhousing and starter,,scored a couple cores from the same salvage yard and with a bearing and gskt kit put a good one together,,redyed the interior,,new carpet and headliner (fabricated from a std headliner),,seats just needed a good cleaning,,flowmaster exhaust,,,,with a tune and a set of the later version injectors the motor ran perfect so I didn't do much else,,we go on the hot rod power tour so I don't like to get carried out with modifications that take away from the original driveability,,,the driveshaft, console, trans crossmember, and some other stuff was missing along with some other minor stuff but didn't have a problem finding any of that, I do all the work myself so I cant blame anyone else for issues

Reactions: 2 users