Junkyards

Stever89

5 Year Member
Dec 14, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Now that I'm into fixing up my Mustang, I've got a mental list of things I'm looking for. We have a local "you pull it" here, I've been there many many times over the years. Chevys in one section, Fords in another, etc. The Ford section probably has 300+ vehicles to pull parts from. I went there yesterday to find a power mirror switch, a space saver spare, jack, turn signal, and other assorted odds and ends.

My brother-in-law has a 1994 Cobra so he went also.

There was only 1 '87 - '93 Mustang there, and only one fourth gen. I couldn't believe it. I know there's tons of Mustang donors out there somewhere, either they're being snapped up by local Mustang owners or they're being kept on the road by enthusiasts, maybe both.

There's a local Mustang Club here, maybe I'll join. They probably know where to find parts.

I did find the power mirror switch and a space saver, ashtray, and a few other pieces but that one car I found was picked over good. :)

• Sponsors (?)

My local pic and pull has 2 or 3 foxes. But we have a mustang junkyard in my are as well, so he probably scoops up all the stangs that are headed for the scrapyard. Hes got probably a hundered or so foxes alone. Only downside is that eveything is worth its weight in gold when you want to buy it from him, but if you want to sell him something hes " already got a ton of them so Its not worth much".

My local pic and pull has 2 or 3 foxes. But we have a mustang junkyard in my are as well, so he probably scoops up all the stangs that are headed for the scrapyard. Hes got probably a hundered or so foxes alone. Only downside is that eveything is worth its weight in gold when you want to buy it from him, but if you want to sell him something hes " already got a ton of them so Its not worth much".

Sounds familiar. We have a few motorcycle yards around here like that.