Just bought an 89LX 5.0. Got some issues

TwiStEdMuStAnG

Aug 17, 2009
Whats going on guys? I just bought an 89LX. Car was abused by previous owner. Moron didn't know anything about these cars so we argued and long story short I got the car. It has a cobra intake with bbk headers, straight pipe with flow masters and the ac is deleted. When I first got the car it was back firing alot. Come to find out the moron who had this car put electrical tape on the spark plug wire. The clutch was pretty stiff. Figured I needed a new clutch so i bought a ram 2500. Come to find out it was the cable I needed. Now here are my 3 problems

SInce the clutch cable was put in my clutch pedal sits high not even with the brake and gas pedal. I kinda smell clutch. What could be the problem?

Next problem
When I drive and I hit 4th gear the ride becomes extremely rough. What is that problem

My last problem
Which I pretty much know the answer to but I need clarification on, I have an exhaust leak on both sides of my headers how much power is it robbing me about and could this be the problem I'm having when I hit 4th gear?

Thanks

Jay

• Sponsors (?)