Just Bought An E-ram! So Excited

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
Now that I have your attention ( ;D ), what's a good meter that can record 0-60 times and has functions like guessing HP? If those are accurate. I think it would be good to get some cheaper than going to a dyno several times base lines down.

SO what products do you guys have, installs easy or hard, reviews etc.
Also I dont want something massive sitting on my dash if at all possible:p

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Now that I have your attention ( ;D ), what's a good meter that can record 0-60 times and has functions like guessing HP? If those are accurate. I think it would be good to get some cheaper than going to a dyno several times base lines down.

SO what products do you guys have, installs easy or hard, reviews etc.
Also I dont want something massive sitting on my dash if at all possible:p

thanks

Telling us what you have done to your car and having us guess is going to be more accurate then a device like you are referring to.

Neither is accurate and both methods are a waste of time. Here's an idea though....

Find yourself a honda guy that says he's dynoed at 400 HP. It shouldn't be very difficult, the world is filthy with them. They tend to gather around coffee houses, tuner :rolleyes: shops, and Chucky Cheese.

If he, "Hangs" with you. You have 400 HP. If you walk him, you have 450. If you leave him like he's standing still, you have 500 HP to the wheels. :nice:

Look at all the money I just saved you! :D

I don't have anything done to my car other than mufflers which I doubt it really helped with back pressure. But I was looking for a cheap baseline. The idea we all have is take your stock amount (215 hp) subtract for loss through the driveshaft and come out with like 180 or 190 horsepower. wellll that could be far inaccurate because of the age of the engine, other issues that are unknown and simple wear and tear.

Noobz gotta love those 'fast' Hondas. A bunch of them meet on thursday in the parking lot behind the fast food place I work at. Close enough to chucky cheese.

The 190 RWHP is pretty good baseline. That's the one you want to improve upon anyway. If your motor is tired, then yeah... you'll be starting with less but isn't the point of it all to vastly improve over stock power levels?

Of course. I wouldn't know how tired this engine is since the last one had an over heating issue and blew and this one is a used one that I picked up for 500 and got dropped in there. Only problem is something about the EGR valve (still) which isn't really relevant to horse sense.

The point is that I would like to see what im at. Then improve on it and see how much more power I actually developed over stock. so say I end up making like 275 to the wheels. well I would only be guessing I added a max of 85 horsepower at the wheels.

Yep, I get ya. Trouble is, the only way to really do that is to put it on the rollers. Then once you're done, take back to the SAME set of rollers. Even then, there's a pretty good margin of error.

As far as those window mounted deal-ee-ohs go... I can screw those to kingdom come by changing only traction properties. :shrug:

Soooo when talking about rollers what are the dollar figures going to be?

I guess if I find one for cheap like 100 or something i'll pick it up. toyman said he had one he never used so if he want something cheap i'll pick it up. but no need for me to go all out and spend 300 dollars when I could just pickup a mild performance upgrade. :D

nah i mean't E-ram. It's a cute thing that claimed to add horse power at one psi or 1.7 psi. Some 'modern' ones claim BS like 5 psi.
Basiclly the ones that produced don't pull enough electricity at WOT to really make the increase and you won't find yourself at WOT too much for it to be worth it. For this to be practical you would need a very high capacity battery, and alternator to power an even stronger electric super charger. It's like the idea for rerouting your a/c to go through the intake which also doesn't work because not enough blow even if it is cold air.
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

It's a cool idea. but impractical and would worry me and im sure others about power draws even though it's only active at WOT. Which is also kind of hard to test if it even makes the 5 or 8.5 percent horsepower improvments.
The site I linked that shows the e-ram I believe was the only electric super charger to show very minor gains and was partially proven to work depending on situation. It's more of a universal 'upgrade.'

cutting edge technology...