just cancelled my myspace

• Sponsors (?)

i have a myspace but its mainly to keep up with people from school. when i first made an acct i had a girl from HS on mine and my wife saw it, that caused a bit of drama so i deleted her from my friends. a few months ago it got hacked and i eneded up getting it back and never told my wife. i set it to private and havent had any problems since. about a month ago i created a new acct and left it public. my wife kows about it and has the password so she can check it any time she pleases :)

but yea it can cause drama!

i have a myspace but its mainly to keep up with people from school. when i first made an acct i had a girl from HS on mine and my wife saw it, that caused a bit of drama so i deleted her from my friends. a few months ago it got hacked and i eneded up getting it back and never told my wife. i set it to private and havent had any problems since. about a month ago i created a new acct and left it public. my wife kows about it and has the password so she can check it any time she pleases :)

but yea it can cause drama!

OMG, :lol: :(

I have a Myspace to keep an eye on my kids who have Myspace.

Good idea.....keep it up!!:nice:

I don't have one, because some of my friends said that their human resource department browses My space and if you have one, they will NOT hire you!!! They do not want your drinking and partying representing their company!!!! Watch out guys/gals who are unemployed but looking, or newly employed and enjoy their jobs pay.:D

Good idea.....keep it up!!:nice:

I don't have one, because some of my friends said that their human resource department browses My space and if you have one, they will NOT hire you!!! They do not want your drinking and partying representing their company!!!! Watch out guys/gals who are unemployed but looking, or newly employed and enjoy their jobs pay.:D

How would they find you if it's private and just don't have your registration name as your actual name in case they do a name search.

Never heard about the myspace not hiring thing, that's kinda like discrimination or something :stick:

waiting on the email now. i just cancelled it. never felt better about myspace.

facebook is so much better if you wanna do that sorta thing, i have one of those.

anyone else sick of myspace going down every other 20 minutes, and having atleast 4 friend requests from **** stars?

I'm over the age of 25....so I could really care less about either. Something about publicizing your diary over the internet just doesn't seem right to me. :shrug:

You only put on there the information you want out there. A lot of people want none, so thats why they dont have them. I have it, have what I want on it, and rarely ever do much with it. If my boss saw it he would laugh at the pictures and the comments, and move on. If you dont have a good relationship or work in a big firm where you dont really know those above you, I wouldnt recommend it, but there are cases where having one doesnt hurt!

Y'know, you CAN always password your blog(s) so the wrong folks don't get into it. That, or do like a lot of other folks do and make a secondary alter-ego page - one "public" profile that anyone can view, and a "private" profile that only a select few can view.

the "select few" that view your private profile...wouldn't they already know most of that stuff about you? Say they don't, why not just e-mail? I signed up just so I could check out some of the profiles, but I don't have a profile. Nothing wrong w/ it, but I'm moving up in management and I don't really need that kinda thing on the net.

:shrug: One of my buddies has his "public" page that he sends to chicks he's trying to meet, and so on; the other one, he puts up all of his weird Church of Satan stuff and whatnot onto, because 1. It scares away most gals, and 2. Most people would freak out if they knew that about him. He also obviously doesn't post a plain pic of himself on the avatar of his private profile, nor does he make the name obvious, so it basically just looks like his public profile just has a really weird, mysterious dude on his friends list.

I've been thinking about making up two or three extra accounts - one for car stuff (for hosting my car pics/videos), one for music stuff (if I ever get a big enough hard drive to dump my necessities onto again to get that rolling once more), and/or one for my writing, where I can post up my fiction and whatnot.

I've never even checked out Facebook, but from what I gather, it's more of a college student-oriented sorta thing. Myspace, while populated horribly by spammers and teenie-boppers, is more of a mass-appeal sort of thing with the way it's set up.

:shrug: One of my buddies has his "public" page that he sends to chicks he's trying to meet, and so on; the other one, he puts up all of his weird Church of Satan stuff and whatnot onto, because 1. It scares away most gals, and 2. Most people would freak out if they knew that about him. He also obviously doesn't post a plain pic of himself on the avatar of his private profile, nor does he make the name obvious, so it basically just looks like his public profile just has a really weird, mysterious dude on his friends list.

I've been thinking about making up two or three extra accounts - one for car stuff (for hosting my car pics/videos), one for music stuff (if I ever get a big enough hard drive to dump my necessities onto again to get that rolling once more), and/or one for my writing, where I can post up my fiction and whatnot.

I've never even checked out Facebook, but from what I gather, it's more of a college student-oriented sorta thing. Myspace, while populated horribly by spammers and teenie-boppers, is more of a mass-appeal sort of thing with the way it's set up.

That dude's ****in' hilarious. :lol: I was thinking about adding him out of pure morbid curiosity.