Just Curious... Where Is The Best Place To Get An A9l?

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Pensacola FL
I am considering looking for the parts to do a MAF conversion on an 87...
Where is the best place to get an A9L?

I would love a great price, of course, but also a trustworthy source, maybe a warranty, and does anyone repop these or make new units?

Just curious as to what you found to be the best.

• Sponsors (?)

I found that you can trade in any EEC-IV as a "core" for an A9L through Auto Zone. If you dig deep enough in their system, they do carry verified, warrantied, repop A9Ls; that's what I'm running in my car. I actually traded in my stock SD '86 computer for it. Just don't expect the teenager behind the counter to have any idea what you're talking about. I was told by 3 different employees "sorry, we don't carry that". Look it up on their online store, and give them the AZ part number. Don't give them the opportunity to be retarded.

Reactions: 1 users
This is probably a dumb question, but...
If I got a piggy-back chip, one that is tuneable, can you add the MAF function to a MAP ECM?
I think I know the answer, but just curious.
You can tune out all sorts of functions, like EGR, so why not add a function? ;)

I have one I bought to convert my '86 to MAF. I never used it, but would be willing to buy it back from you if it didnt work. PM me if you are interested, as I have no use for it now. I also have a MAF wiring kit as well if you need that too.

Reactions: 1 user