just curious

• Sponsors (?)

clang5oh said:
how many of you guys still have stock gears and have had your cars longer than a year. i have had mine 2 1/2 years and still have stock.

I had mine a lil over a year and a half, and finally the axle gave out at the track, my first run on slicks. so i swaped in the whole shebang, gears, diff, and 31 splines. very happy. I had the 3.73's tossed in with a auburn pro diff, and strange axles. no probs since.

i do :nonono: :( Coming up on a year very soon. I would like to get some 4:10's but i do occasional highway driving and i dont want my spedometer to read that im doing 110 when im really doing 70 or something like that. Could i just get 3:73's instead? I have and auto by the way.

huskerpower02 said:
i do :nonono: :( Coming up on a year very soon. I would like to get some 4:10's but i do occasional highway driving and i dont want my spedometer to read that im doing 110 when im really doing 70 or something like that. Could i just get 3:73's instead? I have and auto by the way.
You can always fix the speedometer. For a 4.10, I believe you need a 6 tooth inner and a 21 tooth outer gear. Some have problems with 4.10's hitting the rev limiter though. I think 3.73's are a great all-around gear ratio.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
You can always fix the speedometer. For a 4.10, I believe you need a 6 tooth inner and a 21 tooth outer gear. Some have problems with 4.10's hitting the rev limiter though. I think 3.73's are a great all-around gear ratio.

Joe

Im really sorry clang5oh not trying to hijack the thread, last question......

If i get the 3:73 will i be able to still "feel" the added acceleration as if i had 4:10, but obviously not as much. And my speedometer would be closer to being acurate with the 3:73 right. About how far off?

huskerpower02 said:
Im really sorry clang5oh not trying to hijack the thread, last question......

If i get the 3:73 will i be able to still "feel" the added acceleration as if i had 4:10, but obviously not as much. And my speedometer would be closer to being acurate with the 3:73 right. About how far off?
I went from a 3.08 to a 3.73 and it felt like 50 more horsepower, the pull was incredible. How accurate your speedometer reads doesn't have to do with the gear ratio. The speedo will read as accurate with a 4.56, as it will with a 2.73, you just need to pick the right parts to make it read correctly. If you go to the FAQ section and look up the 8.8 gear install, and scroll down to the bottom, there is a chart for which parts should be used with what gear. I have 3.73's and my speedo is not off at all, and if it is, it's less than 2 MPH.

Joe