Just drove a FX35 Whoa!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

My good friend has one, and my boss as well. I have driven it and was not impressed because from talking to them youd think it was a 13 second truck. It didnt feel any faster than my 95 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2. Nice trucks over all, but definately not race cars.

They do handle alright for an SUV (err... crossover as they all call them)!

the FX's are one of the best handling SUV's ever...infiniti also makes some of the highest quality cars on the planet. I know because i owned a 93 J30T and put 272,000 miles on and all i ever did was change the oil and a couple injectors. If i didnt beat the SH! T out of it i would prob have around 350k on it.

a G35x or coupe will be my choice for a DD.

25TH I hear ya, but I was impressed for it being an "SUV", I thought it got to 75 pretty quick,,, considering. Sounded pretty good to. I think a stock 5.0 would have heck killn it. I know I know I know, take it to the track, well it aint mine, im just going on how it felt. Maybe someone could dig up some #'s on it. I may be completely wrong??

I don't really like the interiors on them. Especially the gauges. I also don't like the fact that you can't feel them shift into each gear. It's almost like you are just driving around in first gear all the time. I do love the G35 coupes though.

I personally dont like the exhaust on it, and Im usually a raspy higher pitched exhaust lover...

As far as not shifting gears, the people who own them enjoy that which is why its like that. Personally for a DD Id love if I didnt notice it shifting gears, and if it was quiet and comfortable.

I know what you mean about the SUV thing. It was funny my neigbor built his up to be the be all and end all and it would beat my Mustang. So the next day I challenged him:

His FX vs my GC Limited. We tow a friends 25' boat to and from the water. Then go offroading into some deep woods, then race the trucks, and finally hook them up trailer hitch to trailer hitch and see what happens. He didnt like that idea and continued to say its faster than my Mustang!

25thmustang said:
My good friend has one, and my boss as well. I have driven it and was not impressed because from talking to them youd think it was a 13 second truck. It didnt feel any faster than my 95 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2. Nice trucks over all, but definately not race cars.

They do handle alright for an SUV (err... crossover as they all call them)!

Funny thing about the FX35...

The G35 is based on the Nissan FM platform shared with the Nissan 350Z sports car and Infiniti FX sport utility vehicle.

That is one of the reasons why those cars don't perform as well as they could. Most of the structural components are designed for use in a sport utility vehicle, thus adding weight. In the end you do have a sturdy little 350Z that will probably hold up better in the long run to DD stress than a dedicated sports car platform would.

25thmustang said:
I personally dont like the exhaust on it, and Im usually a raspy higher pitched exhaust lover...

I have yet to hear a Nissan/Infinity 3.5 engine that sounded anything less than a slightly gurgled tin can hoover vacuum.

The 3.5 makes an very odd sound that I can only compare to the horrible exhaust on the 2001 Grand Prix 3.8, Now that engine sounds like a raspy metal soda can for sure. :nonono:

And it is also weird to note that the 3.5L engine that I had in my Intrepid sounded good, and had a very nice exhaust note that people would even compliment. Why can't Nissan throw something together that doesn't sound so odd.

my 3.0 in my 93 sounded pretty damn nice. the exhaust tubing was oval though, which really sucked when my muffler crack and i wanted to get it replaced. The oval tubing was going to cost an INSANE amount so i just used header wrap and a clip.