just finished fluidyne and rpm intake install; now car starts but shuts right off

i just finished installed my new radiator and and my upper rpm intake.....i doubt its a problem with the radiator, so i know its with the intake....the car starts but doesnt idle. it starts but shuts right off. im guessing i forgot to plug something up....i checked around the Maf sensor, IAC, egr....nothing....everything seems plugged and fine.....i remember plugging everything behind the intake....but might of plugged it wrong?maybe.....could it be a vaccum problem? what do you guys think? what sensor or hose would cause this? thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

could be a couple of things.

Check to make sure your pcv hose is hooked up, checked IAC, ACT, MAF, and TPS sensors and make sure they're plugged in.

Check to make sure your bolts are tightened down on the intake.

check your timing* and wire config

Vaccume hose, or something unplugged, try disconnecting the 02 sensors and fire it up, it it idles you probably need a tune, the RPM is the most aggresive of the bunch I believe. Correct me if im wrong. But even with a vac. leak it should still try to idle...maybe you forgot to plug in something or you installed the dizzy a tooth off??

make sure you didn't stab it wrong. Take it out, turn the engine over by hand til it's at tdc on the compression stroke. Put your finger over the spark plug hole and you should feel a lot of air rushing past your finger. Wait til it gets to the point where you don't feel anymore air coming out then look at the balancer. Line it up on "0"

After that put the dizzy in with the rotor pointing at number 1 on the dizzy cap (the rotor should be pointing towards the intake manifold).

Mark the position of the #1 terminal onto the bowl with a marker or something. When you stab the dizzy the rotor should be pointing to this mark. This is your dizzy set at 0*

When it shuts off but before you touch the key, do you hear anything whirring? If not, you might have lost VPWR. => Check that you reconnected the CCRM connector tightly.

IF everything is ok except you lose spark while running (but not cranking), check the run terminal on the TFI module. There's one terminal for cranking and one for running. If the latter is an open circuit, you lose spark once you release the key from cranking to running.

Good luck.

My buddy had the same problem in his 93 Cobra after putting a BBK SSI intake on. It turned out to be a pinched wire leading to the MAP sensor. It gets crowded rearranging everything in there so it's most definitely an easy thing to pinch a wire and not know it. Good luck

Posted via Mobile Device
Hey guys, I haven't touched the car till this morning since I have been busy with work. I checked the ccrm this morning and it looks good. Also checked the bolts and their nice and tight. Here's what the car is doing: when it starts, it makes a whining noise and wants to shut off. It will stay on if I give it gas but once I let go of it, it will struggle and die on its own. What else can I check? Vaccum hoses look good as well too