Just for fun, RICERS stories here!

• Sponsors (?)

American Grafitti revisited

I took my fiancé and her daughter out for ice cream one time this summer and went to an A&W locally. We were there for about a half hour when this whole slew of ricers pulls in ala fast and the fart-canious, and parks in the parking lot. They all get out and I swear to god I am laughing my arse off, because I'm expecting McFly to pop out of one of them and ask about his Flux Capacitor.

Anyway, we finish our ice cream, and we hop in the car. T's out, beautiful summer evening, and I fire her over. Every one of their heads spin around (one of them even made a popping sound, I SWEAR!). As I slowly idle out of the parking lot this older guy who was standing outside of his pickup with his wife yells over at these kids, "You hear that? That's what horsepower actually sounds like."

I just laughed and drove off.

Open pipes have a swell tone to them.

My Race

The other this New Jag with this hot blond chick in the pass seat passed me. I didn't care but then he puts it on N at the light and revs. He wants to race and I smile. I know it has a v8 and it might be supercharged cmon. After smoking 1st (lil 2 much power) I pull up against him. For a sec we're bumper 2 bumper. But he can't take the small turn past 70mph. I leave him way behind and dont see him again.

’94 yellow Mustang vert 5.0
Mac cat-back, o/r h pipe, Equ L headers,Edl Pref upp & low int,4” CAI,Pro M 77mm,FP 65mm TB,24lb inj,MSD 6A,Pro 5.0, 3.73s, Al shaft,Stalker Bod kit, Xenon side skirts,Steeda Wing,Hit Rear arms, KYb shoks around, Eib springs

Well this is kind of a ricer story... I was at Dick's one night (Dick's is like a late-night burger joint in the U-District in Seattle) in my '67 Mustang. I had parked the car and met up with some of my friends, we were just eating and bull****ting while a whole slew of ricers pulled up. We finished eating so I got in my 'Stang. Now a little background... my 67 has a built 396 with pretty much everything you can think of. It has 3" Hooker Super Comp headers bolted directly to those Purple Horny glass packs. That is the extent of my exhaust system... no mufflers, no pipes, just headers and glass packs behind a big block. So anyways, I start the car with its usual deafening BOOOM and the whole place goes silent. Everyone stops eating, all the kids leaning against their Hondas are frozen with their burgers halfway to their mouths. Then, as I pull out and burn a little rubber, the whole place just starts clapping. It was just simply awesome.

This rice enounter just happened moments ago. Driving home from a friends house. Come up on this honda del sol, fart can, stickers, si on the front fenders in what looks to be mailbox stick on letters. So im driving next to him, he downshifts, and goes buzz buzz, i downshift to 3rd at around 45 and pull hard, but there was a car in my lane so I had to stop and he keeps goin and puts on his flashers. This pisses me off, were goin, he goes to turn right and I follow because I am pissed off, he starts turning and all of a sudden slams on his brakes, causing me to slam on mine and he decides he wants to go straight and cuts off some car and almost causes an accident. Guess he was so afraid to get beat he would risk his life and the life of others to run away.

I would have to say the best one was this summer. was hanging out with a friend in Lancaster PA, at the local hangout when a few ricers pulled in. My friend has a 98 GT...nice car, has some basic bolt ons and CObra R rims and Cobra front end, I was driving my 76 CObra II with a 351W. Thei Korean kid who came rolling in in a bone stock yellow Neon comes over and is checking out our cars. He ask's me to fire up the CObra, so i do. Now my CObra II has single chamber flows...very loud...he asks what my exhaust is, i tell him, then he tells me with a straight face i need 4 or 5 chamber flows because they flow better. He then proceeds to look inside, AFTER i tell him the car has a C4 automatic...he comes back out of the car and tells me i should get a sequential clutch...WTF is a sequential cluth in a C4? I laughed like only i could and then the funniest thing he said all night escapes his lips "lemme take it for a spin"

Project 77 said:
I would have to say the best one was this summer. was hanging out with a friend in Lancaster PA, at the local hangout when a few ricers pulled in. My friend has a 98 GT...nice car, has some basic bolt ons and CObra R rims and Cobra front end, I was driving my 76 CObra II with a 351W. Thei Korean kid who came rolling in in a bone stock yellow Neon comes over and is checking out our cars. He ask's me to fire up the CObra, so i do. Now my CObra II has single chamber flows...very loud...he asks what my exhaust is, i tell him, then he tells me with a straight face i need 4 or 5 chamber flows because they flow better. He then proceeds to look inside, AFTER i tell him the car has a C4 automatic...he comes back out of the car and tells me i should get a sequential clutch...WTF is a sequential cluth in a C4? I laughed like only i could and then the funniest thing he said all night escapes his lips "lemme take it for a spin"

hah, funny chit.

I was out one night cruising the local hang out called Speedway Blvd, here in Tucson, Az. I was on my way home at about 2am and low and behold the mother of all ricers showed up at the light next to me. A bright yellow Chevy Cavalier with the roof cut off. Body kit, fart can, neons, tri-stack wing (no kidding), 18" wheels, vinals, and manufacture stickers. He was thumping his sterio and revvin' it up. I gave a slow rev back and then the light turned green. He dumped the clutch and took off as fast as he could and I just followed slowly in close pursuit. He hit second and I heard a BOV. At this point I was mearly peddling the guy and staying about a half a car behind. I went to third and barked the tires and crept past him. I heard the BOV again and at the time I was maybe a half a car ahead. It was about this time that I put my foot down and lost traction. No I didn't have the stickies on just the 275 Nitto 17's. I spun enough to create a mist of smoke and pulled about 2 bus lengths in about 2 seconds. I lifted as I clicked 4 and waited for him to catch up. As soon as he caught up he said, "I beat you because you cheated and used NOS!"
I replied to him calmly and said "I don't have "THE NOS.""
"Bull**** pull over and prove it." Obviously upset that he lost.
So we did and he told me, "I have yet to lose to a 5 oh," as he walked over to the car, "I know you got NOS."
I popped the trunk and behold, no "NOS" bottle. He went immediatly to the back seat and looked in surprise that there was no bottle there either. Then he actually asked me to flip up the seat cushion. It was at that point that I said, "look, the reason you lost it because the car is faster than yours. I know you have never been to the track to run a number because of you lack of a roof but you just got bitch slapped by a ten second car."
"Then why did I beat you through second gear then?" he argued.
"Because you wouldn't have raced me if you would have got smoked out of the gate. Besides, the car has no traction in first or second, or third for that matter so I was taking it easy."
"This is bull****! Lets run again. I know I can beat you."
"Okay. But your going to lose again."
Needless to say he lost again, and again, and again. We even went from a roll on the freeway. This is where he realized he had no hope. Started at about 70 mph and I left him sitting there. I hit 5th at 125 and pulled till the speedo was buried. He never caught up. I went home and checked the data log in the AEM. When I raced him the first time the tires let lose at 65mph and spun till 95mph. I lifted and the VSS came down to 75mph. The top speed blast the AEM VSS registered 178. This is by far the fastest I have ever gone and will probably ever go.

Conclusion, ricers are fun and 600rwhp + radials = lots of wheel spin in third.

my best one is from a couple summers ago, 16 yrs old with my first stang, 88 coupe. Im on my way to a party when at a light a z34 lumina pulls up with 2 guys in it. The driver asks me to race, when his buddy in the passenger seat says to his friend "dont do it guy, thats 5 liters over there!!" but the guy keeps revving his engine at me. Sure enough, light goes green and i friggin kill him, obviously. I mean 5 car lengths by the time i shifted into second. Anyways, me and my friend continue on to this party. Im there, mingling, having a beer when i hear these 2 guys talking to these hotties about their killer car, and how they just beat a 5 liter mustang. So i walk over there and ask him "you dont by chance have a white lumina, do you?" and he says "yeah, why?" . so i said "that 5 liter mustang was mine, and i just overheard your story, do you want to tell them what really happened?". He shutup pretty fast and the girls laughed at him. I made him feel like his penis was about 2 inches big. it was great. :banana:

Cobracanuck said:
my best one is from a couple summers ago, 16 yrs old with my first stang, 88 coupe. Im on my way to a party when at a light a z34 lumina pulls up with 2 guys in it. The driver asks me to race, when his buddy in the passenger seat says to his friend "dont do it guy, thats 5 liters over there!!" but the guy keeps revving his engine at me. Sure enough, light goes green and i friggin kill him, obviously. I mean 5 car lengths by the time i shifted into second. Anyways, me and my friend continue on to this party. Im there, mingling, having a beer when i hear these 2 guys talking to these hotties about their killer car, and how they just beat a 5 liter mustang. So i walk over there and ask him "you dont by chance have a white lumina, do you?" and he says "yeah, why?" . so i said "that 5 liter mustang was mine, and i just overheard your story, do you want to tell them what really happened?". He shutup pretty fast and the girls laughed at him. I made him feel like his penis was about 2 inches big. it was great. :banana:

OMG NICE CHIT HAHAH one of the best!!!

did the chicks wanted your sack after since you have a 5.0 ? :p

This isnt really a ricer post, but it is an import so im going to tell it anyway. I was down in West Palm the other day(rich people place) sitting at a light and a convertible porsche pulls up. It was 2 old guys with 2 younger chicks. One guy looks over and says "1989, before you were even born". I told him "Sorry bud but i was born in 87, your cars ugly(even though it was one of the nicest, cleanest cars ive seen in a while), and those chicks are just with you because of your money". The girls look all confused"blonde, no offense to our female audience", the guy words "smoke em" to the driver and the light turns green. We both take off, only can hit 65 and then we back off. After i slow down the guy does too and hes just cruising a couple cars back. After the next light the guy drives by me with the top up, windows up and looking the opposite way. So I give him a nice wave goodbye(middle finger may have been sticking out past the rest of my fingers but that was strictly by chance and its the thought that counts) :nice: While the thing would have probably beat me if there was only a driver I dont care, if you got a nice car and your making fun of other cars the cost only a portion of yours you deserve a nice whoopin(unless your car is dropped 3 inches with a 3 foot alluminium wing, clear lights and a 10 inch exhaust). :owned:

:flag: kevin :flag:
sorry for the long post

BlueOvalStangGT said:
This isnt really a ricer post, but it is an import so im going to tell it anyway. I was down in West Palm the other day(rich people place) sitting at a light and a convertible porsche pulls up. It was 2 old guys with 2 younger chicks. One guy looks over and says "1989, before you were even born". I told him "Sorry bud but i was born in 87, your cars ugly(even though it was one of the nicest, cleanest cars ive seen in a while), and those chicks are just with you because of your money". The girls look all confused"blonde, no offense to our female audience", the guy words "smoke em" to the driver and the light turns green. We both take off, only can hit 65 and then we back off. After i slow down the guy does too and hes just cruising a couple cars back. After the next light the guy drives by me with the top up, windows up and looking the opposite way. So I give him a nice wave goodbye(middle finger may have been sticking out past the rest of my fingers but that was strictly by chance and its the thought that counts) :nice: While the thing would have probably beat me if there was only a driver I dont care, if you got a nice car and your making fun of other cars the cost only a portion of yours you deserve a nice whoopin(unless your car is dropped 3 inches with a 3 foot alluminium wing, clear lights and a 10 inch exhaust). :owned:

:flag: kevin :flag:
sorry for the long post

heh, you said the thruth tough, porsche = hot girls cuz u have money...

mustang owning porshe = priceless

This is sorta a ricer story but not really. My buddy has a 01 mustang v6 with a CAI, GT rims, vinly strips, and stock exhaust. Car looks like a gt but slow as hell. I have a 92 camaro RS with an lt1(now upgraded with an lt4 kit), SLP headers and some other little stuff. At least it looks stock =) I had just had the motor dropped in at Speed Inc(shop by my house) and hadn't gotten on it really. Well i never told him about any of the work i had done so with the exception of the sound all he thought was that it was a ****ty little 305TBI v8. Well monday last week we were both comming home from DeVry and ended up at alight. He thinks his car is just the most bad ass thing in the world so the light turns green and he gets a slight chirp and takes off. I gave him about a car length befor i hit it. by the time i hit 35mph i was passing him. The look on his face was priceless. I took it to about 80 and had a few cars on him. He still can't get over it but i refuse to tell him about the motor. LOL i can't wait to finish the stang.

my best one is from a couple summers ago, 16 yrs old with my first stang, 88 coupe. Im on my way to a party when at a light a z34 lumina pulls up with 2 guys in it. The driver asks me to race, when his buddy in the passenger seat says to his friend "dont do it guy, thats 5 liters over there!!" but the guy keeps revving his engine at me. Sure enough, light goes green and i friggin kill him, obviously. I mean 5 car lengths by the time i shifted into second. Anyways, me and my friend continue on to this party. Im there, mingling, having a beer when i hear these 2 guys talking to these hotties about their killer car, and how they just beat a 5 liter mustang. So i walk over there and ask him "you dont by chance have a white lumina, do you?" and he says "yeah, why?" . so i said "that 5 liter mustang was mine, and i just overheard your story, do you want to tell them what really happened?". He shutup pretty fast and the girls laughed at him. I made him feel like his penis was about 2 inches big. it was great.

Luminas are a lot heavier than their owners think.
Now put that z34 motor in a Fiero...That'll be a little harder.

My best one is from this past summer. I was crusin through Ga headed down Gordon Highway when this Eclipse (2002) with a fart can pulled up beside me at a red light. Didn't really pay it any attention cuz I had the AC blowing listening to some tunes. Light turns green and he punches it and I just cruise and wait to the next light. I catch him at the next light and we're off. It looked like it might be a race until I grabbed chirpped 2nd gear, I pulled off and looked in my rear view and he started flashing his lights. Got him with the AC on.