just got 98 svt i need help ,engine vibrates and window clicks

xbajbusx

Oct 11, 2005
hey i just purchase 98 svt with 63k i got few problems with it ,when you roll down the window and the window reaches the bottom it starts making clicking noise till you hit the up button really loud noise ,looks like the window motor dont stop any idea what that is ? the second problem is when you hit the gas and the rpms start going up the whole car starts do vibrate like somethink is rubbing against somethink ,what do you think are the engine mounts bad or the car suppostu do that ,its my first cobra so im not sure ,please help me .

• Sponsors (?)

Hey.. congrats on your new car! I also have a 98 and really like it. The window sounds like it could be either a problem with it being on the track wrong or the automatic roll down feature not shutting off once it's all the way down. It's really not too hard to get the interior panel off and see what's going on in there. As for the engine, if it's vibrating a lot, you could have a misfire. Have you replaced the plugs and wires? The mounts could be bad, I just replaced mine at over 100k miles; they both were cracked through from all the torque! Try popping your hood, and getting in and drive it forward a couple feet while you watch the engine. See how much it raises up when you release the clutch. If it moves a lot, then your mounts need replacing. Let us know how it goes!