Just got a 1988 Mustang GT Convertible

• Sponsors (?)

exhaust is always a good choice. Get some good shorty headers too. I have a bone stock 93 Lx and headers made it run much better.

Have fun because that is what these cars are for!

Allen

Now, I don't know what you're planning on doing with the vehicle, but I ALWAYS start with something cheap and easy for a few more butt ponies, like a cold air intake.

Exhaust is DEFINITELY a must have for obvious reasons.

1) few more butt ponies

...but most importantly...it's the reason why the Mustang is so unique

2) it will produce for you the BEST sound in the world

Oh...and I don't know about the short tube headers, but if you're going to be in to serious modifications, you'll eventually want the long tubes for better top end flow.

Just my .02 :flag:

Aside from the exhaust, what other easy mods do you recommend?
Will a throttle body make much difference?

Yes....I noticed a 5 hp increase when I installed mine, but at the same time I have quite a few mods done to my vehicle. I would definitely consider looking into one, especially since BBk can get you one at around $169. Again, cheap and easy mod. Something else you might want to look into would be a MAF. It will be a liitle more expensive than a throttle body but it is a MUST when you go to do some serious mods later on down the road.

Maybe some underdrive pulleys, take a little stress off of your alternator, power steering, and crank pulleys.

But the intake and the exhaust are where you want to start. :nice: