just got a 347 what kinda power should it have

sbm713

Nov 27, 2009
Blairsville Ga
Hey everyone i have a 1985 mustang gt convertible, just bought it.I sold my 1992 camaro rs with a 4 bolt main 350 for it.. anyway about my car its a 347 with aluminum SVO heads,edelbrock dual plane intake, underdrive pullies, holly 650 cfm carb, has longtubes and flowmasters and its got a decent cam, but im not sure of the specs... but i got an f cam for the car thats matched to the springs and stuff the guy took it out because he said it was to much for the street. I attend college for automotive technology so thats going back in sometime. But anyway what kinda power do all you mustang boys think I am putting down? All i know is it runs super strong and honestly it scares me a little which is fun haha, anyway let me know what you guys think Its possible of making to the wheels

• Sponsors (?)

with a 114* LSA the F-cam is very mild. Definitely not too much for the street in any sense of the word.

What are aluminum SVO heads? GT40Xs? GT40Ys? With the Ys I think it'd be difficult to get 300rwhp out of them. With the Xs, I could see the predictions above.

Chris

Posted via Mobile Device hmm, if i can make what i make with ported 40 year old heads i don't see why this shouldn't make at least 300 at the wheels. The cam is the key element here since you don't know the specs. I've got a pretty rowdy cam but i'm also running a duel plane intake so i think if your cam is at least around what an e cam is it'll make at least 300 at the wheels.

ah i dunno what kind of cam is in it now i just know it sounds pretty good a little lope, but the intake is an edelbrock victor JR. Before i bought it it had a holly 750 double pumper on it and felt like it had more power than this 650 that on it now. I dunno i got 2800 dollars tied up in it so im not complaining haha

they are aluminum for sure i think sometime i'll just rip off the valve cover and look at them to be sure then i can tell yall if i got roller rockers and stuff. All i know is it runs strong i turned the fuel pressure down today and she runs better

oh the car had a 750 double pumper on it but it was a little to much carb me and the previous owner thought so he had a 650 4 barrel sittin there and he put it on before i bought it.. and it was studdering with the 650 at about 3000 rpm it'd like rev then bla bla bla then after a second it would stop but now she runs a little smoother and less rich now just gotta learn how to adjust an old holley lol

Posted via Mobile Device for starters the carb size is one thing but if you just swapped them around without jetting them then that's your first problem if it's running different. The heads are def not explorer heads if they're aluminum. The cam, you have two options. One is pull everything off the front of the block until you reach the cam and hope it has at least a part number stamped into the end of it. If that fails you.ll have to pull it and measure the lobe specs. First thing i'd do is put in a new set of plugs and run it a bit and then pull and read them and work on getting the jets right.

I went and got all the reciepts for the car and stuff, and i have a thing about installing the SVO heads but it lists al 3 that they made the y 303 the x303 and the x305 heads but it doesnt say what heads they are so ill have to pull a valve cover. it has an phmplet for a comp cams cam im guessing thats the f cam i have tho cause the car has lunati stickers on it. so cam is up in the air i have the origional owners phone number so I'm gonna try to call him up about it and see if he recalls the head and cam combo.

Hey everyone i have a 1985 mustang gt convertible, just bought it.I sold my 1992 camaro rs with a 4 bolt main 350 for it.. anyway about my car its a 347 with aluminum SVO heads,edelbrock dual plane intake, underdrive pullies, holly 650 cfm carb, has longtubes and flowmasters and its got a decent cam, but im not sure of the specs... but i got an f cam for the car thats matched to the springs and stuff the guy took it out because he said it was to much for the street. I attend college for automotive technology so thats going back in sometime. But anyway what kinda power do all you mustang boys think I am putting down? All i know is it runs super strong and honestly it scares me a little which is fun haha, anyway let me know what you guys think Its possible of making to the wheels

1. :rlaugh:
2. where do you go to school?