chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
74HOebay.jpg

I just found this on e-bay and got it!

I used to have this one 20 years ago...

HOatshow.jpg

This white one is just north of Detroit. Any of you guys near Mount Clemens?

I have been looking for another for 20 years, another dream car found. Needs a full resto, but this will be a keeper, so no rush. Now to find a way to get it back East.

Anybody running an empty trailer?

More details as this develops.

• Sponsors (?)

Awwww, Du-uuude!

I find you a primo desert-dwelling W-31 (even ate up bandwidth posting pictures for you); and you go to flea-bay and buy a rust-belt H-O??????? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

You might want to wander over to mercurycougar.net and look up the definition of "ECI" :lol:

EDIT: Seriously, it sounds like you got what you really wanted, so congratulations :nice:
EDIT AGAIN: Hey, it's the same color scheme as the W-31 I mentioned! Hmmmmmm........... :scratch:

I don't quite know what to say about that car Dan.....

What do you speculate the return on investment will be? Linda Vaughn doesn't turn many more heads than that old sled does anymore.....

Ah, just messing with you! Have at it and have fun!

That's what car hobbying is about!

I have been formulating a plan for this for many years. I will restore it back to full stock, complete with Indy 500 dress, but also slightly resto-mod it, better brakes, AOD, gears, and some slight motor work, all to make it drive better. But, that will take money (no more of that, and Deanna starts college in the fall), a place to work on that (Cobra owns the garage), and parts (ever looked for specific Hurts/Olds parts for a 1974?

But, I'm really excited to have one again. Now I can leave all that $helby bullcrap behind, as this orphan car's designer passed away 20 years ago, and there is no pwer struggle.

Besides, how many 74 H/O's do you see out?

that is super cool Dan, congrats. i just hope this isn't an april fools joke. anyway, my granddad would have loved you he was a dyed in the wool olds man and he sold them for most of his life too, but he was an olds man before he started selling them. he died about the time this car came out but he would have loved it anyway.

the only thing i think you need to change is the wheels, maybe some 17" SS-I's (probably have to use a 17" billet magnum 500 with the 5x4.75 bolt pattern and some olds center caps) or at least some chrome 15" SS-II's. i was thinking someone was making a billet version of the SS-II but i couldn't find them anywhere, but in any case the olds 14" painted version with the trim rings is just plain ugly, even when they were new they were ugly but especially now.

something else that would look pretty cool would be a set of the Year One 17" billet Trans Am snowflake wheels or the billet Honeycombs with the insets painted Hurst Gold.