Just got a "real" Mustang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 6 banger is just a shell with no heart and soul. Hertz rentacar loves the six bangers. How come they have no real stangs? Because they couldnt get the GT's back. People are more than willing to dump the "dogs". I love how every base model owner has to defend their decision. It makes me feel so warm inside.

• Sponsors (?)

wolfeyes said:
I got the same color combo GT vert too. Really turns heads! Enjoy your ride. :D
Nice!! :nice: I will have to take pics of mine and make an avatar after I detail it today. I need to remove those cheesy vinyl stripes on the bottom that say 'mustang gt'. As if I need to advertise it or something. At least they're tan on this one instead of white like they were on my V6. I also noticed some subtle differences about the GT so far besides the obvious 1000% improvement in the engine. For instance, the rocker panels are painted on the GT and just plastic on the V6. Anyway, I'm loving the 300hp (are you sure this thing isn't underrated???). I actually walked a Chevelle SS (not sure what year, but it one of those cherry looking muscle cars) two nights ago... with three passengers in the car! :rlaugh: He pulled up next to me at about 50mph and I figured 'what the hell' and floored it. His engine made lots of impressive sounds, and as I was waiting for him to hand me my ass - 35 years of technology improvements put 2 car lengths on him! We raced up to about 100mph until hitting traffic. He really wanted to line up at a light with me but I didn't feel like wasting my gas just to further embarass him.

If this car can do that stock, I can't wait to see what it will do once the engine is broken in and I start modding. I think I'll start with a CAI and Predator tune. I'm not sure if it's worth changing the exhaust? I really like the sound of the stock mufflers and don't want to change to something too loud since it might be too intrusive for a 'vert?

David

afixer said:
im so sick of the v6 v8 thing i guess ill only post tsbs for the v6's for now on. (real mustang) give me a break!

Sounds like a plan to me! Here's the first one you can post -

tsb said:
TSB: All 2005 V6 mustang models (auto and manual trans.). Apparently the V6 is a weak engine and all owners should return to their Ford dealers immediately to upgrade, for a fee, to the "real" Mustang.

Laugh! It's funny! :)

stanmckinney said:
Why can't we all just get along? Let's take our anger out on Chevy or GTO owners.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...anger is such a bad thing. Why even think about bashing "base model" cars, especially the GTO? Continue on with your discussion...this is good (funny). FWIW, I purchased the base model GTO. Of course, the only option with the GTO is the color and trans.

I think it's pretty immature whenever someone with a more expensive car bashes someone just because they couldn't afford the one they have. Give the V6 guys a break. 'Justification' is indeed a reason, not an excuse. I'm not here to start an argument, because it's already started. If I buy a V6 or a smaller lawnmower, or a smaller toaster, or whatever is smaller than yours, and I come on here to make small talk about it because I'm proud of my purchase, that is not an invitation for someone who has more money than me to come on here and claim that I'm trying to justifiy my purchase. I don't 'need' to justify it to anyone. It's called 'reasoning' and 'conversation'. Small talk, bull****, shooting the crap, etc. Comon, V8 guys, chill out and try to be nice, okay? :rolleyes:

merlinsteele said:
I think it's pretty immature whenever someone with a more expensive car bashes someone just because they couldn't afford the one they have. Give the V6 guys a break. 'Justification' is indeed a reason, not an excuse. I'm not here to start an argument, because it's already started. If I buy a V6 or a smaller lawnmower, or a smaller toaster, or whatever is smaller than yours, and I come on here to make small talk about it because I'm proud of my purchase, that is not an invitation for someone who has more money than me to come on here and claim that I'm trying to justifiy my purchase. I don't 'need' to justify it to anyone. It's called 'reasoning' and 'conversation'. Small talk, bull****, shooting the crap, etc. Comon, V8 guys, chill out and try to be nice, okay? :rolleyes:

I agree. A Mustang is a Mustang. I love em all.
People purchase different cars for different reasons. My neighbor is a retired Airline Pilot. He has a 65 Mustang, a 57 Chevy and a Crown Vic. He just purchased an 05 V-6 because he said he wants a nice car go drive back and forth to church with. He is getting to old for the hot-rod thing.

actually my son and i had fun installing the stripes and painting the calipers. as well as most of the stuff. it is a shame that a percent of the people with v8s slam the v6ers. i live in the city drive to hollywood/burbank everyday. so i got the auto. i dont live in some small town with back roads. and at forty four i am done drag racing. you can try to slam me all you want. I will have have just as much fun slamming you back. Like jen said it's just a car . and she has more car sence than most of the people on this forum. all i know is at the end of my day after working 14 hours a day doing special effects in the movie industry blowing thing up for a living. i say good night to my 4 kids climb in bed with my wife of 20 plus years. and turn the lights off to my 600k plus house in sunny CA. thats what really matters anyway, not as the comercial about the storage place says (stupid car!) bring it on!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. -- Unknown
Black that is so true. but the differance is that i actually enjoy seeing just how far i can get theese farm boys and kids to go!

any way i have to go set up the firework show for tonight at vets stadiun. so ill check back tonight just to see what idiots posted just to prove they dont have short little pe**rs and are trying to make up for other short falls.

Nolyaw said:
Boy, out in cali you probably are a laughing stock with that toilet! Just kidding, any 16 year old chick would be proud to call that her own. My vanity plate says DZNUTS. A little different than youre pooh reference but thats not the only difference, is it? Ba Ba Booey to y'all!
YOU THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PROCHARGED GT, YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE HERE. i have been reading your posts since you started posting here, and they are all about how your car is better than everyone elses. WHO CARES. we are here to chat among mustang owners for fun, not to brag about having the best car here. no matter where you go or what you got, someone has a better/faster/more expensive car than you. we get the fact that you have a procharged gt and are pleased with the results. move on and stop bashing everyone here. you think you know it all, but sounds like you really just have money. i know a guy like you. he bought a 01 gt and modded it out. spent thousands on the stalker body kit, custom paint, and engine mods. he even put in new gears. then he can only run a 14.5 1/4 mile. he had no sense what so ever and by the way you are posting on STANGNET, you sound the same as him...... :notnice: i am sorry we are not as smart as you or have your money to blow on mods. :worship:

Its a shame that in this thread, we should should saying congrats to blk05vert for his new gt, but then it ends right back into a v6 vs gt thread............AGAIN. :shrug: Now, the entire time i've been on this forum, I have rarely seen a gt owner give props to the v6 owners, and i bet we v6ers appreciate the few that are more mature to overlook this whole little feud. :nice:

I dont know how many times this has been said, but we ALL buy our cars for different reasons. I bought my car cuz i love the mustang but also want to build a show car. Now are you all gonna talk ish about my car, cuz its not as fast as yours, or about the things that are unneccessary in it. Well i think 400+hp is a little unneccessary for everyday, but thats my opinion and more power to you cuz thats what YOU want to do.

One thing i've noticed, is that you gt owners bash on the v6, but i know and have seen PLENTY of imports killing gts. Plus they spent less money to buy the car. My friends cousin has a toyota mr2 that is killing any and evey domestic car that comes his way with 600+ hp. Hes killing vipers, mustangs, gtos, lambos, u name it. Now with the exception of a few, who in here are running low 10s, high 9s? If so, more power to you, but my point is that you gt owners need to grow up and its a shame that you all cant see past your own ignorance. Go to any import forum, and I bet you all that you wont see as much fighting and bickering amongst the SAME car owners.

Originally posted by DUNER

This is not a forum for bashing, flaming or trolling. If you have constructive input to add to the discussion, please do so.

If someone is asking how to get more performance out of his or her V6, it is tactless and juvenile to answer with “hahaha you shoulda bought a V8”.

thought maybe some people need this reminder...

Nolyaw said:
A hyundai will get you from point A to B also. V6 guys always want to justify their decision for going for the base model, whatever the circumstance may be. The v6 (or 4 banger) has always been the weak alternative for a true enthusiasts car. Resale and desireability have always sucked and always will. These cars have always had to fill a niche for Ford and have always been a necessary evil for sales. The argument now for buying one as a cheaper alternative is not justifiable. These are expensive cars, and are very close to a GT in price, but thats where the simalarities stop. They are for people who wanted "the coolest thing out" and couldnt wait for a GT or afford the insurance, but the price of the car cant be a factor. Resale for the lesser cars will always suck, and even worse with an auto. If someone drives a six banger and they call it a 'stang, they need to make sure they say "but its not a GT", to avoid embarassing the true enthusiasts.

Nolyaw said:
Probably Autos. The truth hurts some people.87-93 fox bodies (v8 of course), for a nice one, 5 speed of course-$3500-$15000. 4 Banger-$2000, maybe if your lucky. 96-98 Gt -$3000-6000. These are horrible turds, $6000 would be for a really nice convert (5 speed of course)- 6 Banger-lets not even go there. These 'base' models are for girls and new drivers. For a six banger to show up at a meet or a rally or anything like that is embarassing. These cars have a following (mustangs) Because they were affordable cars with v8's. They DO have to make the lesser models to keep sales up along with production numbers to justify plants, tooling, Etc. There are no special edition 6 bangers, or collectable 'base' models. This is for a reason. I have instructed anyone I know to pull the trigger on me If I ever have to succumb to the bottom of the food chain. If the Mustang was only a V8, it would be a more expensive auto do to less production numbers. Good luck with that auto "sweetie".

Nolyaw said:
A 6 banger is just a shell with no heart and soul. Hertz rentacar loves the six bangers. How come they have no real stangs? Because they couldnt get the GT's back. People are more than willing to dump the "dogs". I love how every base model owner has to defend their decision. It makes me feel so warm inside.

Nolyaw said:
Yeah they are probably the same type of people that think stripes and painted calipers are cool and make their car fast. Hell, those stripes are probably good for at least 10 or 15 horsepower, dont you think?
:stupid:
i am sorry please forgive me to stooping to your level, but your a DICK!!

well just got home from loading all the shells for tonight and thought id check in.
mar i am LMAO ! out of repects for the cool v8 guys ( and they know who they are) i was not going to make that ref about kentucky but hey have at it. he probubly drives a fiat anyway. ya know its funny i belong to a mustang club out here and the 3 v8s that are in the club like my car, but then again they are mature adults. seems like just the teenagers that parents bought them one or the full blown hicks have a prob with the v6. anyway thanks for the nice talk, the girls and i are going back to the stadium to eat and watch the show. good luck and have a safe and sane 4th

Black2001GT said:
This is :OT: but how do you like your Mobile-Ease bluetooth car kit?

Somehow I suspect much of this thread is :OT:!!

I like the Mobile-Ease kit just fine. It's not quite as full featured as I would have liked it to be but it does the job. I've had good success pairing and unpairing phones mid-connection (when I'm getting into and out of the car). The sound quality seems good too. Oh and I find little value in its internal phonebook (there is no feature available to automatically download my phone's phonebook). All in all its a winner! :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.