Just got an insurance quote on a 2003 Cobra convertible

• Sponsors (?)

Not too bad.

I went from a $250 monthly insurance payment (after numerous tickets, reckless driving citation, and even a suspended license) on my old 01 GT to $65 a month simply after turning 25 lol

After your first ticket it'll be a $400 difference. :D

That's pretty dang funny.

Not too bad.

I went from a $250 monthly insurance payment (after numerous tickets, reckless driving citation, and even a suspended license) on my old 01 GT to $65 a month simply after turning 25 lol

Yeah, mine is like $45/month right now for my Stang. Helps that in 25 years of driving I've never had an insurance claim.:eek:

If you aren't going to drive it much, get it insured as a leisure vehicle. I can only drive my Cobra for 7000 miles a year, but it knocked the insurance down and I doubt I'll get anywhere near 7000.

I'm 45 and pay $33 a month for my 04 GT in NY which has some of the highest rates (zero deductible/full coverage with Hagerty Ins.). I had to show that it's not my daily driver though.

thats one thing i hate about insurance companies. Total age discrimination if you ask me. I have a clean record besides a cell phone ticket and a tint ticket and get horrible rates. But i try and fight the system by having my 55 yr old mom as first driver :D and me as secondary. helps a bit.

thats one thing i hate about insurance companies. Total age discrimination if you ask me. I have a clean record besides a cell phone ticket and a tint ticket and get horrible rates. But i try and fight the system by having my 55 yr old mom as first driver :D and me as secondary. helps a bit.

I think it's a pretty solid fact that inexperienced drivers have the highest rate of accidents.