Just got back from dyno #s low

:notnice:
Well i knew my car was slow but i was hoping i would have a little higher horsepower, i got 225 hp and 292 tq. some one told me because it was on a mustang dyno it read low, but i dont understand how different dynos read different #s?

Sorry for ranting i was just hoping for some better #s.
I guess its time for a stroker

• Sponsors (?)

Regardless of your outcome, various dynoes measure the output differently by using different masses for your wheels to accelerate and different equations to calculate power. Also, some dynoes use correction factors as part of the equation some do not. I have had my car dynoed 3 times since the supercharger was added. I got 420 393 and 360 at the wheels. The 360 is with out a correction, with a correction for temperature, presure and air saturation it would have been 390 ish. All are reasonable outcomes for a car with my mods but vary 60 HP from each other. All a dyno does is give you a relative reading of the power your car makes. It is only really usefull for when you make more mods so that you can make sure the parts are making the power they claimed. That is all.

Kretz5.0...you need an intake....that'll put 15-20 ponies right to it I bet....you got the breathing stuff for it....start hitting the classifieds... :D

Hey all u need is an intake and then our mods arent that far off. I have beaten my fair share of LS1s so you should be able to give him a run for his money get an intake and some nitto DRs and run him from a stop. He might be singin a different tune.

usually the basic equation to compare a MUSTANG dyno and a Dyno Jett is. Add 15-17% to your numbers from the Mustang Dyno. The Mustang Dyno is a chassis Dyno, which means it loads your chassis which in turn is more accurate. So your probably putting 260 to the wheels.. as compard to a stock LS1 wich puts down around 280 on a mustang dyno which is around 315 on a Dyno jett. I hope that made sence to you :lol: its kinda hard to explain. But always remember its not the numbers that race.. its the DRIVER! :D

ADRENA LYNN said:
usually the basic equation to compare a MUSTANG dyno and a Dyno Jett is. Add 15-17% to your numbers from the Mustang Dyno. The Mustang Dyno is a chassis Dyno, which means it loads your chassis which in turn is more accurate. So your probably putting 260 to the wheels.. as compard to a stock LS1 wich puts down around 280 on a mustang dyno which is around 315 on a Dyno jett. I hope that made sence to you :lol: its kinda hard to explain. But always remember its not the numbers that race.. its the DRIVER! :D
Stock camaros arent putting down 315rwhp stock that i have ever seen. Here is a good database with some bolt on Ls1s. you can see most are in the 315-335 area with lots of bolt ons. Most would see about 270-280 stock on a dynojet.

http://www.dynoperformance.com/sear...camaro+z28&Final=1&Year=*&Mods=&Submit=Search

Kretz5.0 said:
no i just thought our cars were under rated at like 217 :shrug: i thought 225 was more close to stock

There rated at 215 from the factory at the MOTOR not RWPH. Companies always give HP # at the motor b/c its always higher then the actual RWPH #'s b/c of the 15% drive train loss. A bone stock Mustang GT is rated at about 215-220 but will only dyno at about 190-195 RWHP.

I guess it depends on what state your in? Maybe they sent all the slow ****maros to california? :lol: I promise i have seen at least 30 STOCK LS1 camaros lay down 280-295 on a Mustang Dyno. which will equate to be around 320 on a Dyno Jett. My Dyno shop is right up the road from where i work so i stop in there often usually 3 times a week to catch whats going on. Usually a bolt on LS1 puts down around 310-315 on his MUSTANG Dyno. You also have to remember Im in FLA. which= HUMIDITY. All weather changes effect how well a N/A car performs got to keep that in mind. Humidity, Dew Point, Barometric Pressure.. all those thing.
Also with Kex only having exhaust and putting down 292 rwtq.. if i was you id be checking out your numbers you seem to have ALOT more than him and the SAME ammount of TQ...:scratch:

ADRENA LYNN said:
I guess it depends on what state your in? Maybe they sent all the slow ****maros to california? :lol: I promise i have seen at least 30 STOCK LS1 camaros lay down 280-295 on a Mustang Dyno. which will equate to be around 320 on a Dyno Jett. My Dyno shop is right up the road from where i work so i stop in there often usually 3 times a week to catch whats going on. Usually a bolt on LS1 puts down around 310-315 on his MUSTANG Dyno. You also have to remember Im in FLA. which= HUMIDITY. All weather changes effect how well a N/A car performs got to keep that in mind. Humidity, Dew Point, Barometric Pressure.. all those thing.
Also with Kex only having exhaust and putting down 292 rwtq.. if i was you id be checking out your numbers you seem to have ALOT more than him and the SAME ammount of TQ...:scratch:
hmm i dunno here in san diego i dont think u get much better enviroment. We are 200ft abot sea level and dry as hell. 330rwhp is like 365-375hp flywheeli mean i have heard they are underratted but over 50hp underratted depending on year of LS1. I mean that is where i got some of my dyno numbers for and they are right on for my mods.

Dyno's suck, I had a buddy in Hawaii with a Vortech blown 98' Trans Am, ran a little under 500 at the wheels, stock internals, just had exaust, the blower, and the rest was suspension and a set of ZR1 wheels. Im hoping to be able to match that at a minimum when I get my next stang, its not looking too good without a 351 though...