just got my 94-95 spindles and i have a question...where can i get...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
dust shields? and they look like they get riveted on? also there is a little rubber peice by the toothed gear in the back that has two wires coming out that have been cut off...it says bosch and has some numbers on it...do i remove that and get a new piece or is it useless on the foxbody? not sure what its for...thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i dont want the abs sensor if its not a stock option on my 93 gt. so i can just remove the sensor and be done with it? also can i thoroughly clean the spindle assembly with carb cleaner or brake cleaner to get all the excess dirt/grime off? thanks again

spray it down. the hubs are sealed so no worries about cleaner getting inside.

the dust shields should be available throught the stealership. you may get lucky and find some at the JY.

They dont make Dust Shields for 94-95s any longer. You can get 96-04s as the rivets are in the same location, you just need to cut some away near the tie rod end.

tascafordparts.com has the 94-95 "splash shields" still? cheap too...gonna order a set later on i think. under $20 for both. part number 8 in the pic... http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/J/JC94210.gif question though...they have two different ones listed.... 94-95 and then 94-98 w/out cobra...which do i get b/c im putting a full cobra setup on? thanks

That's a good deal. 50Resto.com sells them for $17 each. I was going to ask $15 shipped. I'd get the 94-95's as the tie-rod ends mount to 96+ spindles in a different position.

I would think smaller shields would not work well with 13" rotors.

There is only one dust shield for all SN95 brake setups

There were *very minor* changes (if you could even call them that) over the year, but you can basically put a 2004 Cobra dust shield on a 1994 V6 spindle up front. You *may* need to trim a tiny bit away around the tie rod end, but that depends on what end you actually have on the car. But in terms of mounting hard points and functional ability, the front and rear dust shields are the same from 1994-2004. Side by side, you won't even tell the difference between the new XR3B shields and the older F4ZE shield

So, to the OP, head to ford and just get shields from a 2004 Mustang. I think i paid $8 each when i got mine. Cheaper than ordering and paying shipping. (of course, each dealer may be different)

EDIT: Oh, and since it always seems to be a prob....this is how they go on. You don't need rivets. I used bolts with nylon lock nuts and blue loc-tite. This is the pass side

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1134172

At the time, i asked for shields from a 1994 Cobra, so they actually found a pair and shipped them to me from the midwest or something. Neither me nor the parts guy knew they were the same as the new shields at the time...so i prob got one of the last F4ZE sets in the country....and paid $16 :)

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
cool...good deal i guess ill just pick myself up a nice new shiny set...lol..i have the rears from a 96 cobra i plan to use for my swap...they should work on the rear correct? (its going on a 93)

There is only one dust shield for all SN95 brake setups

There were *very minor* changes (if you could even call them that) over the year, but you can basically put a 2004 Cobra dust shield on a 1994 V6 spindle up front. You *may* need to trim a tiny bit away around the tie rod end, but that depends on what end you actually have on the car. But in terms of mounting hard points and functional ability, the front and rear dust shields are the same from 1994-2004. Side by side, you won't even tell the difference between the new XR3B shields and the older F4ZE shield

So, to the OP, head to ford and just get shields from a 2004 Mustang. I think i paid $8 each when i got mine. Cheaper than ordering and paying shipping. (of course, each dealer may be different)

EDIT: Oh, and since it always seems to be a prob....this is how they go on. You don't need rivets. I used bolts with nylon lock nuts and blue loc-tite. This is the pass side

pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=1134172

At the time, i asked for shields from a 1994 Cobra, so they actually found a pair and shipped them to me from the midwest or something. Neither me nor the parts guy knew they were the same as the new shields at the time...so i prob got one of the last F4ZE sets in the country....and paid $16 :)

Thats what I was saying earlier in this thread as I could not find 94-95 Dust shields anymore so I got the newer ones and cut off probably about a 1/2" of material.