Just got my intake and brackets back from the powdercoaters today. Damn i'm Happy...

bjl95mustang

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2000
Austin,TX
There is a local guy who does it on the side and his prices are awesome. He did a few local mustang guys stuff. So I dropped my stuff off tuesday to get powdercoated and I picked them up today. He did my intake and elbow, both accy brackets, the water neck and coil bracket all for only $125 and he sand blasted everything but the intake( it was new and not dirty yet).

bracketspc

intakepc1

intakepc2

• Sponsors (?)

That's awsome. Cool thing with that is that alot of people will give you a deal for small stuf like that if you happen to want the same color they are using for another larger job. They just toss your stuff in with the rest.

Awesome, I just finished a similar project.

Hopefully I can save you a headache here. Since you powder coated the brackets, you will have to ground your alternator. Otherwise you may not get any charge from it. I had this problem. The coating is thick enough to prevent any good grounding contanct to the block. I made a nice 4ga ground from the bottom alt bolt to the frame.

Just in case you find yourself with a lack of charge........

Keep the pics coming though. Looks really nice............

LoudToy958 said:
Awesome, I just finished a similar project.

Hopefully I can save you a headache here. Since you powder coated the brackets, you will have to ground your alternator. Otherwise you may not get any charge from it. I had this problem. The coating is thick enough to prevent any good grounding contanct to the block. I made a nice 4ga ground from the bottom alt bolt to the frame.

Just in case you find yourself with a lack of charge........

Keep the pics coming though. Looks really nice............

Thanks. I never thought of that.

awsome, I hope to get my engine bay to the next level with the next few years. Powder coating seems the best route for the brackets and their hard to reach areas. All I have is some wire re-route stuff done now, I would like to weld shut the holes in the engine bay and get the brackets coated.