Just got my June 5.0 mag.....and guess what I saw?

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
Middle of Maine
Some guy has a car just like Mad Mike featured in the June issue of 5.0. Who would of thunk that someone could do the exact same build? This guy even has the same name and everything. Go figure!:D
Nice job Mike and congrats of the feature.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! I've been looking at that car for 8 months now. ( You think I'd be sick of it by now.........:scratch:...Naaawww! I'll never get sick of it)
I really like the way the photos are laid out. The Article is also pretty much dead on,..he took everything I said in the bio, and put it in there. (I gotta thank that guy). Obviously it's pretty different from the day that photo shoot took place, but he even did as he said he would, and mentioned all of the mods since then.
I'm pretty sure we all dream of getting our cars featured in a mag,... for me that dream came true today.

Thanks guys.

Just read it, congrats again.

On another note, there were 4 features on Fox Bodies in this issue. That's got to be a modern-day record!

Yup. Just read the whole article thinking, that looks nice, but it looks even better now!

Bravo, Mike. I'm glad you shared the build with us!:nice:

Yup. Just read the whole article thinking, that looks nice, but it looks even better now!

Bravo, Mike. I'm glad you shared the build with us!:nice:
Thanks Allen, I have to admit I went over the entire build today to see who was there at the beginning and you were one of them. Thanks for the support. It's been fun to read my comments, as I went from tentative in the beginning to full blown smart ass by the end.

Yeah, kinda, considering that I think it looks so much better now.(especially the engine compartment)
But at the time of that photo shoot, the car was just about one month after completion. I gotta consider myself fortunate that it got the coverage that it did.

Nearly everybody I know who has had their car featured in a magazine has gone through the same thing. By the print date, it's far outdated. Happened every time to me too, and usually it's changed a bit long before it hits print :doh: Like you said though, overall it's a "who cares" situation, it's just great enough to have had the opportunity! If/when you have another chance to do it, you'll probably run into the same problem :rlaugh:L