Just got my new interior leather seat samples from 50resto.com

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
I got the samples! And quick... 50resto.com told me 7-10 business days, when in fact it was like 3-4...

And let me just start off by saying that I thought the one sample looked like crap. there's two:
Bone White and Snow white:

sample.jpg

but in all honesty, i brought the samples in my room and my father, no word of a lie, blurted out
"Oh! That one colour looks like diarrhea..
no lies!
I actually went ahead and tried matching up the colours to a picture sample, hope you like em:

I'm going with the bone white, personally.
It's an off white anyway, and i don't know about you, but wow... that wasn't what i initially was going to go with.

seeing the two samples, i thought FOR SURE i was doing the snow white...
but this is how well the bone white matched up (it's the darker sample of the two)

white1.jpg

white2.jpg

white3.jpg

white4.jpg

white5.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

nice, gotta love 5.0resto and there shipping. I have always gotten it sooner than they quote. Hell one time I placed an order and it was 3 days before the 4th of July, got it the day BEFORE on July 3rd...I thought for sure it would be at least the day after or 2 days after.

I have been tossing around getting new leather front covers as mine are just getting old. I would like to see pics of the new covers installed to see the fit and finish. Its new covers or new seats for me at this point.

:nice:

nmcgrawj said:
Are u recovering the seats or something?

yeah, my rears have a small rip and the fronts are getting worn.
i don't like how they look anymore and i'm a super super fussy person. so for me to see something like this, i go craaaazy!

blksn955.o said:
nice, gotta love 5.0resto and there shipping. I have always gotten it sooner than they quote. Hell one time I placed an order and it was 3 days before the 4th of July, got it the day BEFORE on July 3rd...I thought for sure it would be at least the day after or 2 days after.

I have been tossing around getting new leather front covers as mine are just getting old. I would like to see pics of the new covers installed to see the fit and finish. Its new covers or new seats for me at this point.

:nice:

you know what... if you would have told me that before i wouldn't have believed you. but after seeing this as an example, there's no doubt that they're quick.

And no prob on the after shots. I think the bone will really look sexy. I'm in the same boat you are. I was really debating on some nice new racing seats, but i have white leather and it would cost too much for a custom job.
plus my seat underneath is still really good... so why not just recover them?

Gimme about 2 weeks to order the seats, and then 5 weeks after that! :nice:

I'm already getting excited hah.

i am ready to redo my interior as well and settled on seats from arizenracingsports.com

they also can provide rear seat cover as well.

just some thoughts i am having that i am sure you are having is covering some trim pieces in leather/suede/alcantara/whatever.

i think suede around the instrument cluster, shifter bezel and radio bezel would be good.

being a white interior maybe you can make the white on your door panel leather/suede.

just throwin that out there.

I woulda thought yours was snow too, bone looks kinda ugly in the sample but if your seats are that color now then id go with that as your seats/interior looks killer.

why are you re-doing them? they look good from the pics...

bimmertech said:
i am ready to redo my interior as well and settled on seats from arizenracingsports.com
they also can provide rear seat cover as well.
just some thoughts i am having that i am sure you are having is covering some trim pieces in leather/suede/alcantara/whatever.
i think suede around the instrument cluster, shifter bezel and radio bezel would be good.
being a white interior maybe you can make the white on your door panel leather/suede.
just throwin that out there.

hm, i just checked out their seats.
they're at a good price, there's no doubt, but i do have a question. where the headrest is, it looks like that oval is plastic. do you think that would hurt the head at all if you rest it on there?

suede believe it or not was not a look i was going for. i wanted to stick with the genuine leather, and although vinyl is really nice and affordable, there's just something about it for a dd that scares me. I don't mind your door panel idea. There's that pesky suede inside the door where the speaker is already (but that's the stock side)...

another nice place for seats i saw was http://www.cerullo.com/
Mansonozz has them in his car, and they look incredibly comfortable.

91LX_5L said:
I woulda thought yours was snow too, bone looks kinda ugly in the sample but if your seats are that color now then id go with that as your seats/interior looks killer.

why are you re-doing them? they look good from the pics...

See i totally agree... the sample didn't do the colour any justice. I had a hard time matching up with the sample because either aren't orginal factory ford colours, and these pics really don't help either. (the camera i was using isn't the best)... but what threw me for a loop was the bone white matched PERFECTLY with my headrest on my stock sport seats. like, identical. And i was thinking... i could go snow white, but I don't want the seats to look too white? Like they're bleached out? because then they won't look like real leather... they'll look 'cheaper'? i dunno, i'm just afraid of that.

i was thinking, if i went with more of an off white, it might make the car look more, luxurious?

one thing is for certain, my seats are definitely not the snow white. if i had to make a colour of them, i'd be right in the middle of both of these samples.

ah, my rears got ripped, a long story. and my fronts aren't bad, no... but i figured for the price, i might as well just get all the seats redone and make them feel/smell/look brand new again.
i'm anal so it doesn't help.
my driver's seat is the seat that pushed me over the edge, it will look worn out in a short time, i'm sure of it.

U definately need a better camera its hard to tell. So does the bone white also match the door panel and airbag area? From the sample the snow white looks like it matches but when u put them up to the seat it definately is too bright. But our seats are really bright as is, how bright is the snow white like the color of paper?

RedStallion43 said:
U definately need a better camera its hard to tell. So does the bone white also match the door panel and airbag area? From the sample the snow white looks like it matches but when u put them up to the seat it definately is too bright. But our seats are really bright as is, how bright is the snow white like the color of paper?

pressing up against every part of the dash, door, side panels, anything white... the bone white was a closer match... either matching exactly, or a bit darker, but not badly.

the snow white stood out. a LOT... so although it's bright, it all depends on how bright you want it.
it's like an off white.
it's difficult to describe. it's like an egg shell white.
i'll see if i can get better pics tomorrow for you :nice:

i'm installing cc plates and it's sunny out tomorrow.
i had to take these photos in the garage 'cause it was rainin today.

Caldwell said:
pressing up against every part of the dash, door, side panels, anything white... the bone white was a closer match... either matching exactly, or a bit darker, but not badly.

the snow white stood out. a LOT... so although it's bright, it all depends on how bright you want it.
it's like an off white.
it's difficult to describe. it's like an egg shell white.
i'll see if i can get better pics tomorrow for you :nice:

i'm installing cc plates and it's sunny out tomorrow.
i had to take these photos in the garage 'cause it was rainin today.

K, thanx,:nice: this is crucial, dont wanna spend 700 dollars only to find ur interior is all off