Just got repainted

y2k2GT

Mar 1, 2007
Moyock, NC
Well, we finally got it back. Had to be repainted after it got keyed. Kind of sucked but now it's as good as new. The did a really nice job, the strips are all gone but I think I like it all white. Just takes a little getting used to after 6 years with the strips. What do you guys think?

Before:
100_6102.jpg

After:
100_0325.jpg

Attachments

• 100_6102.jpg
    100_6102.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_0325.jpg
    100_0325.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks Guys, it's actually the wifes car. I think she likes it now that they are gone, it's a nice change. Not much you can do about the sunroof, but I do like it. Really nice this time of year. I don't get to drive it much, I'm stuck with the Lightning, darn. Anyhow she still likes the headlights, so they will stay. Maybe when it's time to get new I'll get her some smoked ones without the amber corners. LOL

How much did the respray set you back?

$500, insurance paid for most of it. It had been keyed pretty much all the way around, both doors, both rear fenders and the hood. The shop talked the insurance company into paying for the rest so it would match. I paid for a couple of extra things. It falls under comprehensive on our insurance, just like getting a windshield replaced.

I went around to few shops today (no Maaco's or "sprayers") and was quoted $1400 cash for prep, urethane base and clear, for either my stock color or something within a few shades. 1 week turn around time. The place had a few late 60's and early 70's mustangs being prepped so I might take them up on that offer during the xmas break.