Just Installed Hurst Shifter..1 question

I just installed a Hurst Shifter in my '04 GT.
#1: First time out, I missed my 2nd to 3rd shift and it sounded nasty.
Hope I didn't mess anything up. :(
#2: It is a HUGE improvement over stock.
#3: Should I remove the stops as per this statement right from Tremec?:

Tremec Transmissions
Service Bulletin 03.01

Subject:
Aftermarket Shifter Stops

Transmission Models Affected:
All

Severe damage may be caused by installing an aftermarket shifter with "shift stops" on any TREMEC transmission. All TREMEC transmissions are designed and manufactured with built-in shift stops to prevent over shifting. Therefore; shift stops on aftermarket shifters are totally unnecessary when used on a TREMEC transmission. TREMEC "TR series" transmissions have multiple shift rails with shift stops on the gearing. TREMEC "T series" transmissions have a single shift rail system with stops built into the guide plate.

When installing an aftermarket shifter on a TREMEC transmission it is best to remove the shift stops to avoid miss adjustment, and the potential of the screws vibrating lose. A misadjusted shift stop can cause an under-shift, which may lead to a gear jump-out situation. If the transmission jumps out of gear, the shift fork can be bent causing permanent damage to the transmission. Shift forks can also be damaged by "clash shifting". A clash is caused by a missed shift.

Neither an "under-shift", nor a "clash shift" can be prevented by shift stops. TREMEC shift forks are designed to take loads up to 1,000 lbs. However, a gear jump-out may well exceed 1,000 lbs. of force, which may result in a permanently damaged transmission.

Oh yeah, one more thing, if I can't get this thing to shift right from 2nd to 3rd, I am going back to stock. I can shift stock shifter faster and with more confidence than I can with this new Hurst. Not putting it down, I guess maybe I have to get used to it first.

• Sponsors (?)