Just installed "Kustom" Pro Motion clutch kit thanks Killercanary for advice

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
After i chewed up 1 FMS HD and 3 KC clutch kits in 3 years i decide its time to get better clutch
I have did some research and Paul Killercanary helped me to figure out with my next clutch kit
So i called www.promotionpowertrain.com and speak with owned Walt and this guy told me that everybody makes good clutch kit but every clutch will not with every car ,example somebodys 3000lbs Stang with 300HP and my 4000lbs Stang with 300HP are makes sane power but clutch in 3000lbs work better than in my becuse my could slip ,so thats why they make "Kustom" clutch kit for somebodys application

Their customer service is great , they shipped whole kit same day and 3 days i got my in front off my door (i live in PA and Pro Motion is located Oakland Park, FL)
Last night i installed clutch and right after i finished i took for a spin and made 100 miles same night (didn't care for cold temp and "little bit of snow" i have V6 rims/tires all way around)
Clutch is not "grabby" `pedal wasn't that hard
I didn't tryed some hard driving with full power untill i made a few more 100s miles

Next thing I gonna buy is Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster so i can adjust clutch for my needs

I will post bunch off pics soon i download them from my digi cam

Once again thanks Paul and everyone else who helped me on decide what clutch get

• Sponsors (?)

Glad it worked out for you. My King Cobra has also been slipping since the first pass on slicks. Thats kind of why i put it in, slipping keeps the t5 together. I too would like a clutch that hits a little harder though. Good to know there are alternatives. Good Luck!!

my custom clutch was ordered through pro motion as well. im just waiting on my tko500 to get there to go pick it up. i have heard nothing but good things about them, so im sure i will be satisfied with the clutch. walt is great by the way. we were on the phone for nearly 45 minutes discussing what we were goign to do with my cars drivetrain setup. he answered all my questions and then some.

I have used Promotion blueprinted KC and McCloud set up before and it was great. Now Im going to use the Kustom and TKO. He has those made to his specs and use pretty good parts in those I am using the hi-rev set up thats good for up to 600 hp.

BTW I still have that setup if anyone is interested PM me

Ernie, Are you using the blueprinted king cobra pressure plate or the blueprinted HD pressure plate? Mine and Pauls pressure plates are orange which is the HD unit which is better than the KC.

Ernan, that's great to hear! I'm sure your going to love it when you really get on it. I appologize for not getting back to your PM on steelcitystangs, I picked up 10 new accounts this past week and I've barely had time to sleep let alone do much online.

I'm glad to see so many happy people using Walt's stuff, I searched long and hard on what clutch was right for me and all roads led to Walt. He is top notch as was mentioned!

yobi1kanobi said:
I have used Promotion blueprinted KC and McCloud set up before and it was great. Now Im going to use the Kustom and TKO. He has those made to his specs and use pretty good parts in those I am using the hi-rev set up thats good for up to 600 hp.

BTW I still have that setup if anyone is interested PM me

What color is your PP

Grn92LX said:
Ernie, Are you using the blueprinted king cobra pressure plate or the blueprinted HD pressure plate? Mine and Pauls pressure plates are orange which is the HD unit which is better than the KC.

All i know ProMotion PP is different tham my KC but it wasn't heavyer on clutch pedal

BTW mine is Yellow

Slow5.0 said:
All i know ProMotion PP is different tham my KC but it wasn't heavyer on clutch pedal

BTW mine is Yellow

You have the blueprinted KC pressure plate. Paul and I run the orange blueprinted motorsport HD pressure plate. I don't consider it a heavy pedal.

Its supposed to handle more power than the KC pp and handle higher rpm's. I was out beating up on my car last night and it went into gear like butter @ 6,700 rpm :D Stock tach was buried @ 7000 :D

Ernie,

You still have a T5 correct? I was just curious, because I have been talking to Wally at promotion and he recomended a super king cobra or HD for my car. He said that anymore than that, with my power the T5 would be gone in no time at all. So I think I am getting a super king cobra from him and hopefully the tranny will last a year. With less power, I'm guessing you can probably get away with a stronger clutch.??

Grn92LX said:
You have the blueprinted KC pressure plate. Paul and I run the orange blueprinted motorsport HD pressure plate. I don't consider it a heavy pedal.

Its supposed to handle more power than the KC pp and handle higher rpm's. I was out beating up on my car last night and it went into gear like butter @ 6,700 rpm :D Stock tach was buried @ 7000 :D

Could be KC but i my on my old KC kit P/P is different than new one
I told him my what HP i looking for and he told me HD P/P one is for me and pedal is little bit harder than my original KC kit ,than i told him where i shift and they he told me i neew Hi Rev P/P and pedal is lighter than HD so i may have KC P/P but i know it wasn't same Like original KC

Here is pics of my new and old stuff , you can see difference in P/Ps

ProMotionBPHRPPandMcLeoddisc.jpg

ProMotionMcLeoddiscflywheelside1.jpg

ProMotionMcLeoddiscPPside.jpg

ProMotionBPHRPP2.jpg

KCPP.jpg

KCdiscflywheelside.jpg

KCdiscPPside.jpg

Attachments

• ProMotionBPHRPPandMcLeoddisc.jpg
    ProMotionBPHRPPandMcLeoddisc.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 63
  • ProMotionMcLeoddiscflywheelside1.jpg
    ProMotionMcLeoddiscflywheelside1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 70
  • ProMotionMcLeoddiscPPside.jpg
    ProMotionMcLeoddiscPPside.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 69
  • ProMotionBPHRPP2.jpg
    ProMotionBPHRPP2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 77
  • KCPP.jpg
    KCPP.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • KCdiscflywheelside.jpg
    KCdiscflywheelside.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 78
  • KCdiscPPside.jpg
    KCdiscPPside.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 85
rio95 said:
Ernie,

You still have a T5 correct? I was just curious, because I have been talking to Wally at promotion and he recomended a super king cobra or HD for my car. He said that anymore than that, with my power the T5 would be gone in no time at all. So I think I am getting a super king cobra from him and hopefully the tranny will last a year. With less power, I'm guessing you can probably get away with a stronger clutch.??

I talked with Walt about tranny for my car/power and he told me i need TKO 500 , he said G-Force is good but wont hold for too long and i will twist input/output shaft

Killercanary said:
Ernan, that's great to hear! I'm sure your going to love it when you really get on it. I appologize for not getting back to your PM on steelcitystangs, I picked up 10 new accounts this past week and I've barely had time to sleep let alone do much online.

I'm glad to see so many happy people using Walt's stuff, I searched long and hard on what clutch was right for me and all roads led to Walt. He is top notch as was mentioned!

Paul i gonna need your help again with Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster
You think i should go with Pro Motions or meybe like UPR,Steeda .........

Thanks man

Ernan, after seeing all the feature's Pro Motion's Quick Release setup has over the others I went with it also. The increased ramp rate does make for a more rapid engagement, but its not grabby, you just have to get used to it. The Fiore Micro Click adjuster is also a quality piece. I wouldn't personally buy anything but one of these two.