Just ordered my BBK L/T's and Spec Stage II

StangLou

Jul 9, 2003
Holly Springs, NC
Well guys I just ordered my BBK L/T's, catted mid, and Spec Stage II clutch. The shop said that I will hear some chatter, and maybe a little whistling for the first 5-600 miles. I was told I can take it up to 4-5000rpm, but not to drop the clutch or do anything dumb with it until its had its break in period. How long did it take some of you guys with Specs for all the chatter and noise to ease up? Ill give it the 600 or so miles break in, just curious if it actually takes that long.

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I heard the Spec clutches were junk. Dont know personally jsut been reading a few posts on here. I know there was just one up about a guy who had his for like 500 miles and shattered it in 3 pieces. I think you should look at the throw out bearing I heard someone say there plastic and brake to easily. Maybe you should atleaast upgrade that? Dunno much about clutches really All i know is what I hear and that i have a centerforce dual friction that works great. The bbk's are awesome headers tho...still wishiing i could afford that.

Yeah, Im getting the BBK's thanks to a decent tax return lol. Ive heard mixed about Spec as well, but my shop swears by them. The guy who does my work has a Stage III in his and its done great. He has a built engine, Supercharger and 100 shot of NAWS :nice:
Now that I think about it, I did a lot of searches on here on a lot of clutches and pretty much every clutch I searched for had mixed reviews on it. I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder.

Anyways, on March 23rd, Im hoping to be doing the :banana: after all this is installed :nice:

Roush21 said:
I heard the Spec clutches were junk. Dont know personally jsut been reading a few posts on here. I know there was just one up about a guy who had his for like 500 miles and shattered it in 3 pieces. I think you should look at the throw out bearing I heard someone say there plastic and brake to easily. Maybe you should atleaast upgrade that? Dunno much about clutches really All i know is what I hear and that i have a centerforce dual friction that works great. The bbk's are awesome headers tho...still wishiing i could afford that.

Most of the time when someone has something to say about a clutch it is going to be bad. Every clutch company out there has had someone said bad things about them. That being said Micool has a spec clutch in his 663 rwhp car, and he says it is great. I have a spec clutch in my 255 rwhp car and I say it is great.