Just purchased a 01 Mustang GT! Need help identifying wheels please.

ONYXGT

Apr 16, 2011
Hello guys! I've been a member in the past, I used to own a modified 91 Fox body GT convertible... (was even in a couple magazines at the time) before I met and married my husband. I sold it a few years back and put the money towards a down payment for a house. Gosh was it hard! Anyhow, my husband and I just bought this 2001 GT Convertible 6 speed (had the conversion done by original owner) last night! Super excited to be back in the Mustang Community (my dad has a 99 Perfomance Red LE Convertible) and driving a stang again... I used to recognize a wheel instantly, but I hate to say, after selling the stang I havent been keeping up on the latest trends in the automobile world like I used to... which brings me to my question; can someone identify the wheels on our mustang?

A little more details on what we do know about the car... It is a black 2001 GT Convertible. It has had a K&N cold air intake installed, aftermarket exhaust (not sure what exactly but it definitely isnt stock) a styling bar, and 20" wheels (the back is slightly staggered, and we will probably add wider wheels to the back in the near future) It also has a 7" DVD/CD player with black leather interior. The original owner was concerned about gas mileage (why anyone worried about gas mileage would buy a V8 stang is beyond me) so he had ford install a 6 Speed transmission... and I think we got a pretty good deal on the car. It has 101,000 miles, and we paid 6,500 for it. It also came with a 3 piece billet grille that he never got around to installing.

I took some pictures tonight and I've been having fun in photoshop... :)

p.s. Do I really have to make 50 posts until I can add a sig!?

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC00593 copy.jpg
    DSC00593 copy.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Sponsors (?)

A little more details on what we do know about the car... It is a black 2001 GT Convertible. It has had a K&N cold air intake installed, aftermarket exhaust (not sure what exactly but it definitely isnt stock) a styling bar, and 20" wheels (the back is slightly staggered, and we will probably add wider wheels to the back in the near future) It also has a 7" DVD/CD player with black leather interior. The original owner was concerned about gas mileage (why anyone worried about gas mileage would buy a V8 stang is beyond me) so he had ford install a 6 Speed transmission... and I think we got a pretty good deal on the car. It has 101,000 miles, and we paid 6,500 for it. It also came with a 3 piece billet grille that he never got around to installing.

YOU GOT THAT FOR $6500?!?!?! MINE HAD 130xxx AND IT WAS STOCK AND ITS AUTO :( AND I GOT IT FOR 5k,
i ended up putting like 5k in parts

Im usually not a fan of wheels bigger than 18 inches on 99-04 cars. I have to say it looks nice on your car! Im not too familiar with those wheels, so can't help you on that. Seems like you got a good deal on the stang, especialy with the T56 :) Good luck with her.

Thanks guys!! It seems to be a head turner. :D Definitely nice to hear that we werent just being partial and actually DID get a good deal. :)

I forgot to mention that the tires are staggered. We just got a price quote for a set of wider tires for the back (the wheel sticks out just a it too much right now and it is WAY to easy to curb check them) and we're looking at about 1,000 for just the two. OUCH! Anyone have any online tire sources you would recommend?

]
I forgot to mention that the tires are staggered. We just got a price quote for a set of wider tires for the back (the wheel sticks out just a it too much right now and it is WAY to easy to curb check them) and we're looking at about 1,000 for just the two. OUCH! Anyone have any online tire sources you would recommend?

i tried auto tire they told me $1400 for 4 i have 2 18/9 and 2 18/10 staged

Looks like a clean car, think you got a great deal on it. Having a 6 speed is awesome and definitely something I'd like to do for my car if I keep it long-term.

As for tires: www.tirerack.com a great company to deal with. They've always shipped fast and their prices will almost certainly beat a tire shop's.