Just purchased an 04 Cobra Coupe

black98snake

Jun 16, 2004
I'm posing this question to those that have owned the 96-98 Cobra and now own an 03 or 04 Cobra. What made you decide to purchase the terminator and not just supercharge your SN95?

• Sponsors (?)

i still currently own a 98 cobra vert. i have put some money into it and as you can see by my sig i don't have the power that i want. money wise, it would be cheaper for me to buy an 03 than to put the money into the 98. plus, i am afraid that if i sc the motor i will eventually blow it up. where as the 03 is built for the blower. the suspention is better and and the tranny is better. the only thing that i like about the 96-98 better is the body style. i have thought about putting a used o3 motor in my car but it will end up being to costly. i am in the middle of trying to sell my 98 so that i can buy an 03. what was your reason.

some people do an intake/exhaust swap and push up near 300rwhp on these cobras. i cant remember who it was that did that here, it is in his sig too :)

for me, i wanted a cobra badly but since we bought my wife her RX8, i could not pick up an 03 Cobra. I had to settle for a 96 cobra. i will supercharge it later but i wont be running alot of boost, just enough to satisfy me :)

98svtconvert said:
i still currently own a 98 cobra vert. i have put some money into it and as you can see by my sig i don't have the power that i want. money wise, it would be cheaper for me to buy an 03 than to put the money into the 98. plus, i am afraid that if i sc the motor i will eventually blow it up. where as the 03 is built for the blower. the suspention is better and and the tranny is better. the only thing that i like about the 96-98 better is the body style. i have thought about putting a used o3 motor in my car but it will end up being to costly. i am in the middle of trying to sell my 98 so that i can buy an 03. what was your reason.

I guess I have a couple of reasons why I got the 04. I bought my 98 used, so I wanted a new Cobra I could break in. Also, reading all these message boards about the Terminator got me really excited. :D

I had built a 500+ rwhp 98 cobra last year. I spent over 10K getting everything just right, although i did nothing for the engine. I was looking at another $10K to do the forged Long block -I would have gone with VT engines Big bore motor. It got to the point where I was afraid to dtive the car for fear of toasting the engine, leaving me stranded somewhere.
All in all, I just could not justify sinking anymore money into it. Plus, the 98 was used to begin with.
I decided to cut my losses, and start on a new platform and I have not looked back. The 03 already has the forged engine, it has the smooth shifting 6 speed, it handles like a dream compared to the 98, and its a vert (which I personally regretted not having in the 98).
Yes, I had to shovel out some $$$ for the cost of the vert, but I feel Im starting off on a much more solid platform.
For under 2K in mods, Im up around 450rwhp, and 470rwtq. The car is and feels way faster than the 98 because of the long torque curve.
Anyway, sorry so long!

peace