Just purchased spring shock/strut kit from mustangs unlimited...

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have any insight, but I do hope you'll keep us updated on how well the combo works out. I've had my eye on these kits from MU for a while now, and I'd like to know just how well they perform/ride.

I will... Talked to Laura over at MU and she said i would be very pleased. We will see. Should be here by Fri. and be installed by Mon.

Tubular is idea for suspension components, but to each his own. There are a few write ups on control arm and spring installs. Just remember exactly where everything went. And make sure you have the control arms (lower rear and fronts) supported by jacks so they don't fly out and hit you. Mustangworld.com - The cool website for Ford Mustang enthusiasts has a good write up on springs installation if you can't find one here.

Ok well i got the kit in Friday. Everything looks good. Installation set for Sat. Got out there and hit the front first and it went about like i figured. Not too hard.... a little iffy on the spring removal but not bad. All in all the install as a whole wasnt bad. Got to the rear and started removing the control arms.... went to get the new parts out of the plastic and oooops one of the upper arms dint have a bushing in it. Hmmm now what. Well back on with the stocker and on with the spring install. The hardest part of the whole deal was the stupid rear brake calipers. I took them off and they are a pain in the butt all the way around. If i could meet the person who designed them id beat them with one of those calipers!:mad:

The parts looked good. The springs were very nice! Shox and stuts were different colors but oh well. They are replacing the control arms with new ones and they will be red now instead of black (not like you can see them though). They were pretty beefy, made from square tubing. oh and FYI the bump stop for the rear was double treaded. Go figure how the heck do you do that? I just cut mine to the same hight and called it good.

The car preforms great now. I have about 1 -1.25" drop so far, looking for that extra .25 when the springs settle in. The ride is a lot less ridged than i was thinking it may be but thats great because its my DD and i do drive it a lot. (120k in 3 years) It corners real good. Very little roll, left to right and front to back. It used to squat real bad when you punch it but now it just lunges forward.

All in all im happy with the purchase and will be getting the new control arms soon.