best time was a 9.33
I need more seat time and some mods
it's very different than my 91 lx or my Lightning

I was not impressed with my times but the car is stock
so atleast I have something to work with

any one else running a steeda tri-axe shifter
I had one in my `91 that I was not happy with
This Cobra has one in it but I'm thinking of changing
it can anyone recomend a smoother short throw shifter?

• Sponsors (?)

Could you post your timeslip?

Umm, I think that any aftermarket shifter is going to have that notchy feel. if you know what I mean. Just gotta get use to it, it more b/c of the tranny. I have a Tri ax and i love it. Put some 4.30's in that Cobra and you will be alot happier :nice:

Thats a pretty good 60' on street tires. Don't know if it will get any better than that unless you lower the psi or use DR's.
It really does seem like you need gears though. I wish I had a solid axle sometime.

For comparision, my father ran 9.01 @ 80.6 on a 2.17 60' in his bone stock 97 Cobra coupe. It also was his first time at the track with that car.

What were the weather conditions and track elevation ?

How bad are u slippen man u must not be that bad in the 60 ft with that time but u should be alot better. i have a 95 cobra with throttle body and cold air intake. but i put 10.5 in' rims on back with 315/35/17 tires summotios

and ran 8.7 at 82mph before the diffrent tires i was running 9.2's at like 76mph

those 4.6 will move in due time / i can take one around here 0 - 80 after that he pulls on me some.

i've got a 98 cobra vert. and only could muster 9.20s with 2.1 60fts my first time. now i've got a tubular front end, upr shifter, 4.10s, and slicks(that i'm very easy on since my rear end is stock), and i'm running 8.50s at 81. i'm still only managing low 1.9s because of my weak launches.

I'm getting Nitto 555R DR's this week then I will be able to launch the car nice and hard the way I like it. I use to launch my `91 LX @ 4000rpm with MT ET Streets god those tire were great just don't get caught in the rain.