Just started thinking about the future today...

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
What do you think our cars are going to be worth in mint shape in 40 years? lol. Ive been watching hdnet and the auctions and whats my car worth and was wondering what our cars could be worth. You figure hey 2 years only with the 5.0 and the disticnt differences between the 94-95 to the 96-98s. Idk what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I think they might hold some value 40 years from now. They will never be a '67 fastback, but you cant have a two year run of a pony car that never ceased production since the 60's, and have it not hold any small amount of value. The car will need to be a low mileage original version, but Im sure there will be some of us in 40 years that will be willing to spend some coin to go back in time.

With the way things are going, our cars will just be illegal by then. If not, they will be worth a lot to a small group of people and worthless to most everyone. Engine technology by then will be 10x better and there will be no point in keeping the pushrod engine going other than as a novelty, like the old flatheads.

the main thing our cars have going for them is that they were last model that had the venerated 5 liter pushrod. one never knows what they will be worth, but i for one do not plan on saving it for 25 more years just to find out. i will either drive mine into the ground or sell it to pay for something else i need, like money for my kids' college tuitions.