Just test drove the new 05 GT!

svtash

Sep 30, 2004
Vista, CA
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:jaw:

I just got home from test driving the new GT :D . All I have to say is wow its unbelievable. Everything is great, the only thing I didn't care for was the wheel gap. But that can easily be fixed. Unfortunatly I didn't get to open her up very much because I live in SoCal and we have too much traffic. IMO it is the best mustang yet. I cant wait to see what SVT will do to it. Unfortunately I cannot get one right now but I am going to start seriously saving up for it. Those of you who have one already, I am very jelous of you. I say test one as soon as you can and im sure you will be pleased. All of those of you who say your disapointed, I would be to because its not as fast as my Enzo :rolleyes: . Im sure you guys still enjoyed it but I dont see where the dissapointment come from. Anyway I was very sad to have to get out and leave it there :( .

:banana: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

While i have not had the pleasure driving one yet, i just sat in one awhile ago and here's my thoughts...

The car definately looks better in person with sharp lines and an aggressive stance. The GT was loaded with the exception of rims. I like the stock rims better anyway. One thing i noticed that i don't think anyone has brought up was the side windows. I was looking at the passenger side window and noticed the glass tucked behind the body molding. I was like "Oh no".....looked like as soon as i opened the door and re-closed it, the glass would pinch the molding but to my suprise, the glass moved down a bit while opening and when i closed the door, the glass went up under the molding!! What a neat feature that no one (At least none that i saw) picked up on.
The front fog lamps and grille looked so much better in person also. The headlamps?? Forget about it!! Best feature in the nose area. Moving to the rear, the car looked like it meant business with the dual exhaust tips sticking out low on the bumper. I bent down and took a peek underneath....nice looking exhaust.

Entering the vehicle, i was very happy with the fit and finish of the interior. I'm 6' and had plenty of head and leg room. The gauge cluster looked retro and easily viewable. My concern entering the car was the vents. They looked cheesy in the pictures but classy in person. I was very happy about that. Another concern of mine was the e-brake. In the down position, it was flush and out of the way of the console....another good point. The seats were comfy and everything was in easy reach. I even climbed my way in the back seat to check things out. Yup, as i suspected, things are a bit tight (especially leg room) for a guy my size. This is better reserved for children.

Moving to "under the hood", there seems to be alot of room here for aftermarket parts. The airbox is one of those things that screams "aftermarket". Also, the intake or intake plenum is rather bare. Would've been nice to see a "cover" with a "Mustang" insignia on it. Also, the valve covers are rather dull in this area as well. Looks like they're making room for SVT in this area. I also liked the placement of the battery near the passenger firewall. Looks like weight played a factor in it's placement.

All in all, i was quite pleased with the car. As for driving one, that'll have to wait until the buzz dies down a bit. The dealer was asking MSRP plus dealer costs for a total of 31+K. (I should be able to get close to invoice since i was a former employee and i'm still in the computer.) Again, car had all options with the exception of the rims.

I'm going to hold off for the SVT or "specialty model". I'm sure i won't be disappointed.