Just thought I would like to update you guys on my Mustang

About three weeks ago, my car developed a noise at around 2-3k RPMs, almost like a marble in a can. It gets louder and louder as the car warms up more. My first guess was bad rod bearings, but I had hoped that wasn't the case. I took it to our mechanic that we've had for years, and they were basically taking chances and guessing on things that it could be, while we were getting charged. They flushed out the oil system in hopes of clearing any debris ($1,100), but this didn't reveal anything. They also wanted to run a bunch of tests with the fuel system, which would be another $1,100 (keep in mind, the sound has gotten so bad that it's pretty much constant). I just said **** it and took it to Walnut Creek Ford (great customer reviews), and they're service department was awesome (Concord's sucks ass). I took one of the techs for a ride, and as soon as he heard the sound he knew what it was: rod bearings! This is what I initially told my old mechanic, but they insisted that was NOT the problem. Pretty much anyone with simple knowledge about cars has suspected that the noise was the result of a spun bearing/bearings. Even when I described the noise to stangnet a few weeks ago, many of you suspected the same.

So yeah, I took it to Ford, and it's getting a brand new motor with a 3yr/75,000 mile warranty. I haven't had the car for almost two weeks, and won't have it for another two. I miss it so much. The Z4 (which I'm driving in the meantime) just doesn't do it for me how that car does. I can't wait to get her back, though. It's gonna be awesome, having a brand new engine and all. I've even got a few little mods planned out for her when I get her back.

Anyways, just felt that I would like to update you guys and kinda vent at the same time. When I get the car back, I'll be sure to detail it and take some nice pics and post them here for you guys.

I miss her so much. :cry:

BTW - There was a Mineral Grey Termi on black Y2K Cobra wheels that belonged to one of the techs. They all claimed that it dynoed over 700rwhp! :eek: It was so incredibly sexy. :drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe because we're stunned? 1.1K and no solution from your original mechanic? I don't want to even think how much a new motor with a warranty is going to cost you. Sucks to go through it - shouldn't have happened and hope you get i in good working order soon.

Man that sucks, $1100 for flushing the oil system, please explain because I have never heard of something like that, sounds like youre "mechanic" took you there.

On the bright side though you have a new motor, what mods you have planned?

how many miles on your old engine? I have close to 120k and still runs strong. they give a reason why or was it just time?

and did I read correctly? you only had the car 2 weeks and it did this? who did you buy it from?

Damn man, I am sorry.

You got fooking HOSED by your "mechanic"... 1,100 for an oil "flush"... wtf...!

Sounds like an honest Ford dealer is taking care of you... but is that $5700 including the charges from your rip off mechanic or is that just dealership charges?

Remind me not to blow up my engine, sounds like a very angry and expensive process.

$5,700??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw: you must REALLY love that stang man, i mean THAT PARTICULAR stang...cuz buying another car altogether doesnt run you much more :eek:

well, at least youre getting a brand new engine :nice: no doubts about anyone else having beat on it :D good luck man

Yeah, I considered getting a new car, but I've already put a bit of work into this one and I really do love it. It would cost about the same getting a new car, but I said **** it and decided to go with a motor. I'll take my Stang with a brand new motor over another one with a motor that has 70k on it. :D

Wonder how much of that is labor and how much is for the engine...?

Well, at least when its all said and done you will be good to go. A warrenty is always a nice thing to have.

Sounds like a way premature death of your engine though. Im going on 128k and beat the poop out of it. Uses a tiny tiny bit of oil but still runs fine.

Thanks for the comments on Walnut Creek Ford. I check the s-197 talk and tech forums, but this is my first post here. I found your comment on Google! I need to find a different Ford dealer. I liked Broadway Motors in Oakland a lot, but they closed as of March 31.:eek: