K Member Questions

thatfastcar

Nov 20, 2013
Looking into getting one, seeing who's used what. What to look for. I have eibach springs and would like to keep those, wanna replace the a arms. Its gonna be street driven. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks. Also gonna keep power steering, gonna keep same 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

I personally use a qa1 k member stock lower arms and some 4cyl springs and have no complaints on my 91GT. Also look to UPR and ask @Sharad what he has that will work for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you find the 4cyl springs bouncey or firmer on the spring rate?? ...lower ride stance though?? I'm unlearned in that dept.

They are used as a drag spring. I made it like 2 weeks with them, then took them out. Slowing way down in turns gets old real quick.

To the OP, what is your intended use of the car if you want a k member?

Do it right. Do it once. MM all the way. Once you see a MM K member vs. any other aftermarket one in person you will know why. No comparison on fit, quality, and weight. The MM is strong enough to withstand daily driving and the welds are top notch.

Just my .02

The question is why are you looking to swap out the stock K member. Unless you are doing a motor swap, or it's mostly a track car, leave the stock one in and spend your money elsewhere IMO. Add up the cost for the K member, A arms, springs, shocks, etc. and you are over $1500 to do it right.

I'm looking right around 1600 budget. The way I looked at it is these cars are lighter than my ta, might as well make it lighter. It's gonna be my daily, not really a drag car. Which I'll take it a time or two. Going to my ranch there's all kinds of turns, really fun road to drive. I bought this car as a fun toy, might as well make it lighter with what power it has.

I did the K member, tubular control arms, and coil overs to reduce front end weight, and have always been glad I did. It's not the best bang for the buck, but I like it. MM is among the best out there, especially for handling versus drag racing. I don't like AJE; too many parts. UPR is good middle of the road.

Looking into getting one, seeing who's used what. What to look for. I have eibach springs and would like to keep those, wanna replace the a arms. Its gonna be street driven. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks. Also gonna keep power steering, gonna keep same 5.0

You have to convert to coilovers in order to run tubular a-arms.

The UPR k-member kit is strong enough to be daily driven and/or raced, and it carries a Lifetime Guarantee. Also, it is Made in America. It drops 70lbs off the nose of your car (which is EXACTLY where you want to drop weight) and it gives you a lot more room around the engine to work. It is a great mod for improving your Mustang's performance, looks, and ease of maintenance.

Here's the Fox kit:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-pro-series-chrome-moly-k-member-kit-79.html

Feel free to call us at 561.588.6630 if we can answer any specific questions for you.

i have a buddy with a maximum motorsports k member. its heavy and durable, but that thing is about the worst fitting POS ive ever seen. the engine is so far from center its stupid. when the k member is square the motor is way off. I guess every dog has its day.

i have a buddy with a maximum motorsports k member. its heavy and durable, but that thing is about the worst fitting POS ive ever seen. the engine is so far from center its stupid. when the k member is square the motor is way off. I guess every dog has its day.
That's the first negative post I've read about MM k members. I suppose it's like anything else there's always at least one bad apple:shrug:

The engine naturally sits about an inch to the passenger side on these cars, or at least it's supposed to. If it's way off then either the car got prison raped or the mounts are wrong or something.

I'd be willing to bet it's not the K - member that is the problem. His frame is probably tweaked. My MM installed and squared up perfectly.

it doesn't fit worth a :leghump:. David Wolfe laughed when he saw it. I assure you, they made a turd. the car has never been hit, with the stock k member the motor was fine. the DS engine mount tab is up higher than the PS. the PS is more forward than the DS. so the front of the motor is angled towards the left front of the car and the back is pointing towards the right rear of the car. because of the height difference of the mount tabs the whole motor is leaned over to the right side in the car. the top of the intake is FAR from level. its pretty funny. which is probably why it got put on ebay where he bought it from. we are going to do some major surgery this winter to fix it.

Last edited: