K&N FilterCharger, NIB, $40?

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dunedin, FL
That's what I found on CraigsList for my Mach 1...I couldn't believe it. I guess the guy's dad had bought it way back in Feb 2004 (the packing slip was still attached to the box) for $184.00 and it had been sitting in storage for all these years. I kinda felt bad taking this deal, but he was happy to get rid of it and it is going to a good home! :D

Just wanted to share my good fortune. :nice:

Chris
57-2555_MED.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

good find. :)

I'm not sure how they package the k&n and this may be a little overboard but if the filter was exposed to the elements (not in a sealed plastic bag) I would be tempted to wash it and give it some fresh filter oil before you put it on. :flag:

Yeah the fact that it's plastic is something that I like - plus it's lighter than most. And it's not over the top gaudy. I always liked the K&N (and the JLT), so I was really happy to find something I truly wanted at a price I couldn't believe.

I did open it all last night - the filter itself was in a separate box, then wrapped in a sealed plastic bag - but I still may clean and re-oil it. After 7 years, I'd bet it's dried out. It looks dry, but I haven't opened it yet.

What impressed me more than anything is the MAF adapter. It's a rather heavy cast aluminum piece, not a cheap piece of plastic. (Plastic is OK for some pieces, but not for others...) I'll shoot some pics when I put this on the car tomorrow.