KB Dynoed at last

Nice numbers man! :nice: I'm just still debating whether or not I want to torture my stock bottom end like that. I know that I'd never be able to keep my foot off the floorboard, so she probably wouldn't last forever. :D Maybe I'll just wait until I have forged internals. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

GotMustangs said:
Nice numbers man! :nice: I'm just still debating whether or not I want to torture my stock bottom end like that. I know that I'd never be able to keep my foot off the floorboard, so she probably wouldn't last forever. :D Maybe I'll just wait until I have forged internals. :shrug:

You would have to pull your foot off the floor or you wont go anywhere! :D

Bo

Well I am running the 9# intercooled kit. I had some detonation problems with the first two chips (I also had an O2 sensor going bad) but finally have everything ironed out, Thanks to the techs at KB. The kit came with the S/C bolted to a KB intake (there are numerous pictures of it on threads here), larger injecters, a boost-a-pump, all the intercooler stuff, all the gaskets and extra wiring. I also installed a boost guage and a fuel pressure guage on the a-pillar. The other mods I have are a Mac Prochamber, Flowmaster A/T cat back, Hurst Billet/plus shifter, and a K&N filter. I recomend all these products they are all great.

02GTBlack said:
Well I am running the 9# intercooled kit. I had some detonation problems with the first two chips (I also had an O2 sensor going bad) but finally have everything ironed out, Thanks to the techs at KB. The kit came with the S/C bolted to a KB intake (there are numerous pictures of it on threads here), larger injecters, a boost-a-pump, all the intercooler stuff, all the gaskets and extra wiring. I also installed a boost guage and a fuel pressure guage on the a-pillar. The other mods I have are a Mac Prochamber, Flowmaster A/T cat back, Hurst Billet/plus shifter, and a K&N filter. I recomend all these products they are all great.

So you don't have the the 75mm TB, 90mm MAF & KB cool air kit? Whenever I actually order this kit I'm going to have to get everything. B C has the numbers I want :hail2: 430rwhp/430rwtq :banana:

When I order mine I am going to get everything. Intercooler, 90 maf, 75mm tb, cool air, boost-a-spark. And of course all the other little goodies like injectors and gauges. Although my wallet won't be too happy. That will be my worst credit card bill so far. YIKES!

Definitely get the upgrades. You would sooner or later anyway. And this way your tune will not have to be changed when you upgrade later.

If you guys plan on running at the drag strip make sure you get the switch chip. That way you can run a more aggressive tune for the track. The only options I don't have are the switch chip and boost a spark. When Kenne Bell tested the switch chip in shootout mode in my car with 94 octane it made 437 rwhp and 439 rwtq. A saw a 2000 GT with only a Magnaflow catback on the dyno making 445 rwhp with the switch chip in shootout mode.

Here's the graph.

Attachments

• KB-car-dyno.jpg
    KB-car-dyno.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 192
PG98GT said:
That's about as pretty a dyno curve as you'll see, given the blower type.

Man i just can't make up my mind...i know for sure im gettin a KB twin screw. I just am in the middle of trying to decide whether to buy a navigator 5.4L DOHC block and built that up in anticipation of the new roots/twin screw lower intake for them and go that route or just go ahead and get the KB now. I'll probably do the swap first but you just can't beat that torque.

kirkyg

B C said:
Definitely get the upgrades. You would sooner or later anyway. And this way your tune will not have to be changed when you upgrade later.

If you guys plan on running at the drag strip make sure you get the switch chip. That way you can run a more aggressive tune for the track. The only options I don't have are the switch chip and boost a spark. When Kenne Bell tested the switch chip in shootout mode in my car with 94 octane it made 437 rwhp and 439 rwtq. A saw a 2000 GT with only a Magnaflow catback on the dyno making 445 rwhp with the switch chip in shootout mode.
I did not get the upgrades when I ordered my KB kit. Will I need a different chip (other than the one sent with the kit) if I get the 75mm TB, KB CAI and 90mm MAF?

el_kid_1 said:
I did not get the upgrades when I ordered my KB kit. Will I need a different chip (other than the one sent with the kit) if I get the 75mm TB, KB CAI and 90mm MAF?

I am not 100% sure but I think you have to send back your chip and have it reflashed for the upgrades.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by el_kid_1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will send you a new chip when you upgrade. Then you have to send your old one back. You will have to pay to upgrade to a switch chip if you don't currently have one. At least that is my understanding I didn't get the upgraded stuff either. But will next summer if I have the cash.

Thank you Spreadman. The first run was in red and it made 387.8hp and 430tq though its hard to see. The second run is in blue and it made 393.6hp and 421tq. If you look at the red line you'll see a jump in hp and tq at about 3600rpm I think either the fan switched off or the defroster was on. I should've made sure all the extra stuff was turned off when they made the run.

That is AWESOME! :)

I love the fact that just bolting on the blower gets you almost 400rwhp and over 400rwtq and with minor mods you have 425rwhp+, and that torque curve is :nice: I wish I had low end torque during normal cruising, it must feel great getting shoved back in the seat all the time.

I wish that blower would have been out when I was deciding on what blower to go with, It would have been a tough decision not to go that route.

Well, I'll just have to wait and see what #s my Novi 2000 makes with my new Engine that is going in this month, #1 cylinder compression is down to 75, all others are 180. Car was still at 350rwhp at 5400rpm on 7 cylinders.

Congrats again,

Howard

02GTBlack said:
I finally got my car dynoed. :banana: :banana: And here are the numbers 393hp 421lbs torque. :banana: :banana: Kenne Bell :hail2:

I will likely purchase the intercooled 9# Kenne Bell. With a larger throttle body, X-pipe, high flow cats, and BBK long headers (and American thunder cat back), I think I can beat those numbers, but we'll see...maybe.

By the way, how does that compare with a stock Cobra? My goal has always been to be able to smoke a stock Cobra. I'll be happy with that.

Congratulations,
Andy