KB Dynoed at last

fourwindsoh said:
I will likely purchase the intercooled 9# Kenne Bell. With a larger throttle body, X-pipe, high flow cats, and BBK long headers (and American thunder cat back), I think I can beat those numbers, but we'll see...maybe.

By the way, how does that compare with a stock Cobra? My goal has always been to be able to smoke a stock Cobra. I'll be happy with that.

Congratulations,
Andy

Sounds good except there is no 9 pound kit. It originally was advertised as 9pound intercooled but now they are sold with whatever pulley you select. Basically your buying a 1.7L intercooled for 4899 or non-intercooled for 3799 and you choose the pulley you get with it...

kirkyg

• Sponsors (?)

kirkyg said:
Sounds good except there is no 9 pound kit. It originally was advertised as 9pound intercooled but now they are sold with whatever pulley you select. Basically your buying a 1.7L intercooled for 4899 or non-intercooled for 3799 and you choose the pulley you get with it...

kirkyg
Is there any plans from KB to increase from 1.7L to let's say 2.2 L ? just wondering...even with 1.7L..awesome # !!!!

Since you didn't post yours, here is my dyno from last month. Your dyno is probably very similar!

kbdynorun04.jpg

[stallion98GT]
where did u get ur KB installed ? Apex too ?
I dropped by Bill's shop lasr tuesday and he told me he dynoed a saleen with a KB..I guess it was u

Yes, that was me. Apex did the install as well, their first KB install. They did a great job. Then they just run the dyno pulls without changing any of the tuning from KB.

stallion98gt said:
how much boost can u crank up on a 2.2 L ?
what the maximum one on the 1.7L?

the 1.7L will be able to do about 17-18 psi according to KB. The 2.2L as far as i know hasn't been pushed past 27 psi but it was still pushing to redline which indicates there is still a little more to go. Id guess about 30 psi and the blower will be out of breath.

kirkyg

for any of

you that are thinking about getting your car sponsored i wrote kenny bell and they have all the sponsoring they need thru 04' :( i think it was worth a try didn't loose nothing but 10 minutes of my life and little energy typing a paragraph.