keep maf? convert to vam? help please...

Jugador

Aug 30, 2003
well i have a 2.3 turbo stang and it's got a certainly less than common setup...it's got a blow through maf and i assume a stock 2.3 na ecu. i've got a richness problem and i was wondering should i keep it as-is and run rich, put the maf after the turbo (if thats possible), or switch to vam. im not sure what would be involved in swapping ecu's and im not sure how to hook up the vam, but it would probably run a lot better...anyone got an opinion on what i should do?

PS i have "the air adjuster" on it, but im not sure if i want to mess with it really...

• Sponsors (?)

Got any pics? Sounds like the modern performance "mess air" conversion. More trouble than it's worth...brings good money on ebay though.

What color are the top of your injectors?

Hooking up the vam would be just like all the turbo swap info says.

Stinger

i need a digital camera...but no pics...sry. it's a big ass pro flow maf (clearly not stock) but yeah, basically it seems like mess air is a fitting term

oh and my injectors are black or something...i dont know whats the deal with em but i think i need browns (that's 35 lbers right?)

Any way of contacting the previous owner to see what's going on?

Pro flow is what the Modern Performance "mess air" conversion uses. I'd say that's what you have.

You should pull the passenger side kick panel and see what computer you have.

ok then let me change the issue to i wanna know if itll add significant power to switch to big vam/LA3 or if theres a way to relocate the maf to after the turbo...

nope...temp's been fluctuating a lot lately and it's still ran like a champ. maybe i should leave well enough alone...till i wanna put down 250-300+ wheel hp...(insert evil grin here)