Kenne Bell 2v 9lb kit...

• Sponsors (?)

this would be the best kit for me also. i'm waiting to hear if the kit can be safely tuned to run on premium gas in the south's heat without detonation. i'd settle for around 370rwhp with 9psi as a daily driver.

kenne bell 9lb here

i have the kenne bell 9lb kit, and ill tell you it is awesome. i dynod at 447rwhp i forget the torque #'s. i have the complete kit and im running with k & n filter mac intake from fender and bassani xpipe, catback and headers. its a blast to drive to date i have not been beat by any other stang including merecedes vettes,camaros ,cobras,(except on who traded his factory s/c for the kenne bell and added nitros, a 750 hp car). its so cool to be going uphill in second and someone pull up to you, if you punch it youll be smoking the rears. its alot of fun!!!!

By all means go for the KB Twin Screw! If you want your car to feel like a big block, then KB is the route to go. I've had mine for 6 months now and I love it. The boost is just right there when you floor it...BAM!!! No need to build up RPMs like the centrifugals to develop full boost. Check the KB web site at http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/gt96-03_2v/gt96-03_2.htm for more info on this kit. Feel fee to PM me if you have any questions about the kit. Good luck!

That's another great thing about the KB - it's supposed to be whisper quiet. I've heard some blowers whine, and I don't want that noise. It may sound cool at first, but in the end, I'd rather 'speak softly and carry a big stick.' (TR)

I can't hear it from inside my car, and I always have my top down. People say they can hear it when I blow by them.
When I had someone drive my car past me once, it sounded just like the supercharged cobra.

The Snake Skinning boost article was on my car. See sig...

The tune is safe for high heat and 91 octane here in SoCal so it should be good anywhere. Kenne Bell is located in one of the hottest areas in SoCal. My car was tuned in August during a heat wave. I have had my car running through the desert in 115 degree heat. It has been over 100 degrees a few times this month already. No detonation issues whatsoever.

Here is a link to a video of my car on the dyno so you can hear what it sounds like.

http://www.2rdrilling.com/kb.wmv

It's a great kit. A great choice for a power adder.

Going up in boost has to be supported with additional octane with their chip. The tune is setup to work on 91 octane. I think you can run the 10 psi pulley with 93/94 octane but check with them to be sure.
Each pound of addtional boost equals about 15 rwhp or so. You may not want to push it.

I have had mine for a few months now and absolutly love the thing. I have a winter tune and a summer tune on mine cause I move alot bein in the navy and all. Right now I am down in SC and with the heat and humitity I was a little worried but so far all is wel and nobody messes with me even though I look stock hehe Def worth it though man, I also have a 10lb pulley that I have yt to try, the guys that tuned my car reccomended going to race gas when upping the boost to over 10lb's. The shop that tuned it (DTP in VA) got a gold seal of approval from KB for tuning thier kits. I have a video of my car from outside and inside if you would like to see them, the run inside is from about 25 to 115. Let me know.