Kenne Bell install COMPLETE!!!!

Dan_Soprano

Mod Dude
May 7, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Done.

My brother and I worked from 7am yesterday, till 1am in the morning, then got back at it today at 9am, and finished FINALLY at 3-4 pm. You would not believe what a PITA this was. We were in a fully equipped Farication shop, and trust me, we needed every tool in it. The old stang is a BEAST now!!! Totally different car. I think it runs alot smoother. I am having some serious detonation at WOT though . I am going to call KB tomorrow and see what the deal is. I'm not too worried about it right now cause I am too darn tired and wore out. My hands look like dirty chopped meat . Words cannot discribe how bad this whole thing sucked. Talk about TORQUE!!! I can stomp on it in 1st gear from a stop and just ROAST the tires all day long. Second and Third gear pull like you wouldn't believe. I posted pics in my clubs thread in the North East Forum. Thread name is "SSoM Members"

• Sponsors (?)

el_kid_1 said:
Congratulations Dan! Make sure you give Ken a call first thin tomorrow to find out abou the detonation. Enjoy your new found power.
El Kid, I'm not positive that it is detonation. in 3-5 gear at 2-3000 RPM if I floor it I get a rattling noise........I assume it is detonation. Also, when cruising, when you floor it does it take a second for the boost to kick in, kinda like a hesitation? Thanks. ~DAN~

Dan_Soprano said:
Also, when cruising, when you floor it does it take a second for the boost to kick in, kinda like a hesitation? Thanks. ~DAN~
Hmmmm, I think the boost is right there once I floor it. No hesitation at all. I'm not sure if it takes less or more than a second. All I know is that once I floor it is like going at warp speed. :hail2:

Dan_Soprano said:
Hey also, did your exhaust sound alost different?? Mine does for sure.............
I couldn't tell any difference. My LT headers and o/r x-pipe combined with the Roush side exhaust system are too noisy and do not allow me to note any difference. I barely hear the whine of the supercharger at WOT :D

I almost have mine totally done! All I have left is to fill the ic and radiator coolant then I am done. I'm not looking forward to filling the intercooler though. I believe it will be an extreme pain. Man, I hope I don't have any detonation problems. with all the crap I've run into so far, I just want the install to be over. Congrats Dan!