Kenne Bell or Vortech

• Sponsors (?)

Someone please enlighten me, how on earth do you intercool a KB? I know the 03-04's have a cooler, but it was designed for it, we cant put one on our intakes??? This is the ONLY reason I didnt buy a kb already, I know about meth injection, but I dont know about an intercooler.

ga94gt. You made a good choice with the KB. Based on your type of usage,and especially with the automatic,you wont be able to wipe the grin off of your face. Good luck with the install. Brian.
bolsen2

I also went with Vortech S-trim - price was right on the used kit I got ($1785 shipped + supporting parts). Had about an hour to start putting it on this weekend.

I'm going to try to keep my 4.10s (4R70W tranny gearing)... I'm 99% street duty, higher mileage engine. I like that I'm not really into boost until I hammer it, hopefully will stay around the same gas mileage for around town... if I can stay outta it.

Looks like you can't go wrong either way -- both kits appear easy to install and tune. Be sure to look at your upgrade path as well and take that into consideration. And of course don't forget all the misc crap you have to buy to keep it tuned and together.

Wes

Someone please enlighten me, how on earth do you intercool a KB? I know the 03-04's have a cooler, but it was designed for it, we cant put one on our intakes??? This is the ONLY reason I didnt buy a kb already, I know about meth injection, but I dont know about an intercooler.
i don't think it is feasible. there was a guy who fabbed up a long a$$ pipe out of the KB through an intercooler and then back to the lower. i thought it looked silly and defeated.

imo meth injectiion is the only option

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to go with the KB because it is a street car and it is also an auto. I think the KB will make up a little more down low with the AODE
I'll be installing my 2.2L KB next Tuesday. Initially I'm staying with a stock tune with 6psi. For those of you that have gone through this leaning curve what should I be most aware of to avoid breaking things.

My current set up is:

Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
3.73Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension

Went to a car show some 94-95's had KB's... they were so hot when you open the hood you couldnt even look in they were so hot.

the old vorteck/paxton setup runs alot cooler in my car than their KB

THIS PEOPLE IS WHY TURBO'S OWN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! My vortech is getting yanked the hell of in favor of a turbo...Because you do start to build decent boost at 1500 rpm and peak by 3000... Kenne bells are amazing on 03 cobras and even 4.6 gt's, but if there is no possibility for an intercooler, there is not alot of potential to grow without the use of race gas or meth...although, with HCI the 2.2 Kenne Bell will get you to 600 fwhp...:D