Kenny Brown Tubular K-member

habu03

Sep 3, 2002
Smyrna, GA
Installed a KB tubular K-member over a year ago on an '03 Cobra (convert). Car has about 7500 miles on it. A couple of weeks ago, I got a power steering fluid leak (and consequently lost brake boost). Turns out one of the rack power steering hard lines rubbed against the hydraboost pump. I replaced the hard line, and went ahead and shimmed the motor mounts to raise the motor as far as possible just in case they had sagged. (shims were limited by supercharger to strut brace clearance).

Called KB and asked if they had made a production change or if anyone else had reported a similar problem. Was told no to both questions.

Has anyone else installed a KB unit? Ever had a problem like I had? Am also interested in measured clearance between hard line and closest point to hydraboost pump, as well as closest point between K-member and oil pan.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, since I got an 03 "Snake", I am using that handle. Of course, there is a second reason, and you may know that the SR-71's (or their predecessors) flying out of Okinawa got the nickname Habu. And those were fast airplanes, just like the Cobras (cars). Even got me a squadron patch somewhere.

habu03 said:
Yeah, since I got an 03 "Snake", I am using that handle. Of course, there is a second reason, and you may know that the SR-71's (or their predecessors) flying out of Okinawa got the nickname Habu. And those were fast airplanes, just like the Cobras (cars). Even got me a squadron patch somewhere.

I spent a lot of time at Kadena AB myself. From 81-83 and then again from 95-00. I remember watching the Habu's take off at night on recce missions... what a sight to see those 40+ ft blue flames stretching out the ass end of that monster. On a clear night you could watch them climb out of sight with the AB's CRANKED!!!

U.M.