Keyless Programming - Working System - No Module?

Ok so here is the story. When i first got the car i got two sets of key. One key fob was worn and the other one was pretty new. The worn one would work but the newer looking one wouldnt. So I wanted to start using the new one and thought I would program it. Well it turns out i do not have a keyless module in my trunk at all. Now when I do hit the disarm on my key FOB it makes a clicking noise by the Vehicle Security System under the dash.

My question is, how is my keyless working when I dont have a module there and where can I look for it, because it is a factory unit?

Thanks,

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

YouTube - Keyless Entry Problem

dsc00759up2eo5.jpg

dsc00760nh3nv9.jpg

dsc00763sb9ba2.jpg

Dan, I don't have the factory alarm on my car (I only have factory keyless). From what I can tell, the alarm brain (19A366) is supposed to be in the trunk (where the keyless module goes - some cars have both, so both brains are back there). I could not find mention of a brain under the dash.

So does your fob work everything properly or has the system never worked properly? I dont know how the factory alarm works but it seemed like yours was basically functioning as a keyless unit. The alarm should illuminate an alarm light, honk the horn when set off, flash parking and head lights when set off, disable the ignition, and so on.

I also did not find info on programming a new fob for the alarm. I can dig deeper if this is an issue.

Worst case, the wiring to that brain would make it super easy to hook up an aftermarket alarm because nearly every wire you need is right there.