Kicked Out

@Noobz347
Appreciate the help! Have tried to post an avatar and wound up stymied. Would like to, will try again. My avatar will surprise some.....imp

EDIT: @Noobz347 Re: Avatar
4 tries, 1st. just kept spinning around, 2nd. actually showed the image at avatar enter, clicked OKAY, disappeared, no avatar. Logged out and in, no avatar. Next 2 tries, nothing. I'm ready to just copy the damned image and post it as a signature. imp

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

@Noobz347
Appreciate the help! Have tried to post an avatar and wound up stymied. Would like to, will try again. My avatar will surprise some.....imp

EDIT: @Noobz347 Re: Avatar
4 tries, 1st. just kept spinning around, 2nd. actually showed the image at avatar enter, clicked OKAY, disappeared, no avatar. Logged out and in, no avatar. Next 2 tries, nothing. I'm ready to just copy the damned image and post it as a signature. imp

Submitted avatars have to go through me or the site owner. There were er... 'issues' in the past. :O_o:

It disappeared because it was waiting for me to review and approve/reject.

Reactions: 1 users
Can't imagine any issues with avatars.
Your lucky, noobz had to draw my avatar with a cyber pencil.
Computer impaired? How do you say 'join the club' in cyber speak?
imp? Short for something? ie; impala or initials for something cool. Yea, I'm kinda nosey,
Whats all this about my idiot light anyway, I thought we where going on about getting thrown out / wives, ex's and soon-to-be ex's / girlfriends and do'n donuts in the front yard? :shrug:

My first date with my now wife, she picked me up at the airport in her car, and I noticed one of the tires looked incredibly low. I insisted we go to a gas station for air before we went to dinner. The damn thing had 9psi in it. She didn't know anything about how a car worked.

Many years later after installing the tubular K-member in the Mustang. The engine had shifted slightly in the new cradle. I had always jacked the transmission into place with the crossmember attached. I couldn't get the damn thing to line up with the body mounts. My ass long hair wife, under the car, hair in the floor filth said "Why don't you jack the transmission up, bolt the cross-member to the body, and see if the transmission drops into place?" Damn if she wasn't right; worked like a charm. Learning is a change in behavior as a result of experience. In the aviation education world, we would refer to my inability to think outside the box as a "negative transfer." You can always learn new things from people who don't have years or repetition working against them.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
That sucks for you. I'm confused though. It's your house and she's your g/f? why not boot her ass out instead?

Agree. "Car chicks" don't do much for me. I want my own hobby, stay out of my garage.
That was her house. Her garage was packed full of :poo: when I met her. Emptied it out, painted, built shelves and organized everything. Figured it was my space, whatever, she's miserable now.

I never saw these replies, I remember she snatched my cell, was like :leghump: it , keep it. Must not have put the Gmail I used for this forum on new phone. I've learned my lesson, I did thorough interviews and back ground checks on future prospects. Found a hall of famer. She went with me today to pick up an 88 GT convertible. It's got rust, but not terminal. She was like well you have the garage to work on it all winter, ahh finally :fap:

• Winner
My first date with my now wife, she picked me up at the airport in her car, and I noticed one of the tires looked incredibly low. I insisted we go to a gas station for air before we went to dinner. The damn thing had 9psi in it. She didn't know anything about how a car worked.

Oldest trick in the book. I bet her undergarments all matched too. :ninja:

Been married 29 years and she honestly has no interest in cars and what I'm doing to them, as long as I don't spend money we don't have and I'm staying out of trouble doing and it all stays in the garage , she is all for it. Although she wasn't crazy about the time I ran the car with no cats for just a bit too long in the garage, which happens to be part of the house.....

My girl knows more about cars now than before we met, they are still an appliance to her and she can't understand owning more than one car, she will wonder into the garage or into the back yard but just walks away mumbling ' I need to stop coming back here'.

I guess I’m the odd man out.

I don’t expect her to care, or tolerate “the hobby”. She has put up with more than her share of “the hobby” through the years. In any other circumstance she’d be gone..The exception being that whenever there was a choice....I chose her over a car.
Every guy that I’ve ever known that had a wife then, and don’t now...chose poorly.

You all can blame women for being the crazy ones,..the fact is that you leave your female alone enough while you play 17 year old drag racer, it won’t be long before they come to their senses.

Its not them,...it’s you. If you want a woman, pay attention to her..if you want to hang out in the garage or the track...stay single.

I guess I’m the odd man out.

I don’t expect her to care, or tolerate “the hobby”. She has put up with more than her share of “the hobby” through the years. In any other circumstance she’d be gone..The exception being that whenever there was a choice....I chose her over a car.
Every guy that I’ve ever known that had a wife then, and don’t now...chose poorly.

You all can blame women for being the crazy ones,..the fact is that you leave your female alone enough while you play 17 year old drag racer, it won’t be long before they come to their senses.

Its not them,...it’s you. If you want a woman, pay attention to her..if you want to hang out in the garage or the track...stay single.

That's pretty solid advice right there. There's a reason I ran my best time 18 years ago. Well, probably a few of them.

Kurt

Wow. I didn't realize we were on Dr Phil....

ANY relationship is a give and take. Any of them. That doesn't mean she's allowed to "snatch" your cell. That makes it sound like she was a controlling bitch. And you say she's miserable now. Truth is she was probably miserable then, too. But she got something out of the deal - she got her garage cleaned out, which was probably her only reason for letting you work on your project. I can only guess that she knew about your "obsession" with cars beforehand, but she probably either A) didn't totally understand what that meant and there was no compromise between the 2 of you, or B) thought she could change you into who she thought you needed to be (in other words, control you). You're both better off without each other since it sounds like it was a toxic mess.

I personally know a number of families where the wife supports the husband's car obsession. Not that I know Mike personally, but I'd venture to say he's another. My uncle has rebuilt dozens of cars as a hobby and sells them to recoup his expenses. He also has 2 vehicles of his own and has built 3 for my cousins. My aunt doesn't seem to mind and supports him. She's not big into cars herself, but there have been a couple cars that my uncle has built for her, too. I guess the moral of the story, if there is one, is that she may not be into the hobby but she should at least be supportive of you with yours. And you should support her with hers. That doesn't seem to be rocket science. I'd call it balance.

But, I think, it's increasingly hard to find in today's society. There's too much "me me me" out there. And that goes for almost all things, not just the opposite gender. America's narcissism is showing BIG TIME right now.....

Lady issues? I will give you a hand with the solution.
Girlfriend:
20200915_200623.jpg
Wife:
20200915_200629.jpg
Your Welcome

• Haha
Lady issues? I will give you a hand with the solution.
Girlfriend:
20200915_200623.jpg
Wife:
20200915_200629.jpg
Your Welcome
Wow. I didn't realize we were on Dr Phil....

ANY relationship is a give and take. Any of them. That doesn't mean she's allowed to "snatch" your cell. That makes it sound like she was a controlling bitch. And you say she's miserable now. Truth is she was probably miserable then, too. But she got something out of the deal - she got her garage cleaned out, which was probably her only reason for letting you work on your project. I can only guess that she knew about your "obsession" with cars beforehand, but she probably either A) didn't totally understand what that meant and there was no compromise between the 2 of you, or B) thought she could change you into who she thought you needed to be (in other words, control you). You're both better off without each other since it sounds like it was a toxic mess.

I personally know a number of families where the wife supports the husband's car obsession. Not that I know Mike personally, but I'd venture to say he's another. My uncle has rebuilt dozens of cars as a hobby and sells them to recoup his expenses. He also has 2 vehicles of his own and has built 3 for my cousins. My aunt doesn't seem to mind and supports him. She's not big into cars herself, but there have been a couple cars that my uncle has built for her, too. I guess the moral of the story, if there is one, is that she may not be into the hobby but she should at least be supportive of you with yours. And you should support her with hers. That doesn't seem to be rocket science. I'd call it balance.

But, I think, it's increasingly hard to find in today's society. There's too much "me me me" out there. And that goes for almost all things, not just the opposite gender. America's narcissism is showing BIG TIME right now.....
Since my name was dropped,..I guess my personal account comes into play.

When I started dating Kate there was no car in my life, but I was a car guy.We got about 5-7 years in, and the car guy came out..I was building the first Zephyr in 1990..5 years after getting married. The black and white car.
hurricanerear_zpsbbedd169.jpg

It soon became obvious that enjoying the car, meant hanging out with a bunch of guys on a Saturday night instead of her..
It took less than a year to figure out that math...This car got sold..
So did two or three others in between this one..
starion004%201_zpsergdkgxr.jpg

starion%20rear_zpsrdvotpby.jpg

Starion1_zpsublbenv2.jpg

mustangbuild001_zps6kl3zdx9.jpg

and at least 4-5 others that i’m not including that were in between the last ones listed.....
All gave way to her...

Simple really...sleeping with the car vs sleeping with her...she won every single time.

Last edited: