Kids imitating Pinks at local dragstrip tonight

hotmustang331 said:
:lol: Dont forget that this is America...freedom of speech baby! And that most of the founding fathers were God fearing men :flag: .

Are you an atheist or something?

because every time the topic comes up it causes issues. Some of us aren't God fearing men, and would prefer to read stuff about cars, not church. I probly shouldn't even be posting this cause its gonna start a stupid endless debate and get this thread locked. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

yea i would never race my car for pinks cause 1 i like my car way too much and 2 even if i think im gonna win cause i have lots more power than the other guy there is always that chance of breaking or messing up a launch and blowing it so its just plain retarded.

I love how people always think people younger than them are somehow different and not as respectful, smart, insert-your-thought-here. Just makes you look like an idiot. Of course someone younger than you might not know as much. News flash - you got older, you were once ignorant and didn't know it, also :/ In addition, it takes all kinds - not everyone is like that one kid you saw that one day doing that one stupid thing. Funny thing is that people saying that kind of thing about people younger than them clearly haven't learned even those simple truths lol. Not really qualified to be pointing the finger at that point, IMHO.

In my opionion i think pinks is the most pointless automotive show on television, its not even real drag racing, i mean christ negoating this that and the other thing, i mean chirst, ive never been to a strip yet but im sure that crap doesnt happen. Your put in a certian class and thats it if you win you win and if you lose you lose, there is no well i need 7 lengths, or you run with out nitrious, or disconnect your blower, unhook 4 spark plugs. I mean line up and run thats it.. Yeah i mean im 25 and i see at ton of the import crap here in madison, WI, and its all funny to me, i mean 95 percent have no clue, and being that most have mommy and daddy's support for everthing, i get the attidude if it blows up there just by me somehting else, i mean i have met a few cool ones who have complimented the stang, but majority just want to race and do the good ole ricer flyby like its proving something to me, ha well its really not, and i mean yeah i was young once and did some stupid things but some things ive seen done are just a lack of common sense, and everybody should have a little bit of that.

The show has a serious flaw, I thought most of you would have noticed by now. They pretty much just say to the inductees " Bring a 11 second car"
Well, heh, as you can imagine the two cars are always very different and not nearly matched. They should make them run 3 qualifiers, then run against their own times, and whoever does best wins.

The concept of how they run the show is idiotic, I've seen like 5 or 6 episodes, and it's always chaos. Like the one, a guy did what he was told, he brought a 11 second mustang, good motor/trans, but stock suspension and all. The other guy brought a sick ass camaro that ran 9's, but what was funny is it broke. They complained, gave up lenths, then it ran perfectly so they were lying, still lost the race tho, then, on the last race in stage it broke completly, and they lost, then like 3 seconds later the stang finally blew it's head gasket, which was blown to start with. Maybe the camaro guy wasnt lying about his original problem, but still....that kind of racing isnt even racing, and for slips?????? OMG, it's insane, i'd just show up in my 1500 dollar cougar, and ask for 15 car lenths, and run it, heh, who knows.

PlatinumDevil said:
Im 20 and kids a year or two younger than me are just screw ups. I can't even begin to describe how useless they are. You tend to find this out when your a manager and have to try and get them to work. Lazy pieces of ****, now im angry and need to go drink some beers.

The attitude of the import crowd is terrible. They dont respect other cars. If i see a fast civic (IF being the very key word in this sentence) ill give it its props. They hate the Mustang for absolutely no reason (the only reason i could ever get was "mustang owners think their cars are so fast"... yea well i dont line up beside Z06's just like you shouldn't line up beside me civic driving dumbass). I dont get it, i posted in a local forum (90% ricers) asking why and no one could give me an answer other than "ford sucks" and "mustangs are ghey"

It's from bad parenting. Some people have kids just to follow the herd without thinking about what they'll do with 'em next. Then because it would interfere with their lives to actually pay attention, they ignore the li'l brats until they become irretrievably difficult to deal with.

Ricers fly around me all the time trying to prove something... what, I dunno other than "there's a big silver tube under this bumper that sounds like a weedeater." They'll cut in and out of traffic haphazardly, then end up stuck at the same light anyway. Once in awhile I'll outrun one just to show what a real car sounds and acts like. My car isn't that fast compared to blown Stangs and I don't drive around looking for victims, but it's still funny when 1.5L sub-200 hp pestilences annoy me and force my foot down. :D

Sometimes it's anticlimactic because after all that showing off and noise, I hope they'll put up more of a challenge, then look back to see them way behind. I don't even get to enjoy WOT.