kinda pissed

laserstang21

Feb 4, 2007
luling, La
ok so my car had the stock clutch in it and the first night i ever get drunk i gave my lil bro the keys to drive home. well he used to have a mystic 96 cobra, so i thought it would be ok. well he starts driving stupid on the way home. clutch goes out 5 miles from the pool hall we left. so the clutch is already gone and he still decides to do 130 mph on the way home and im passed out in the back and something told me to look and thats what i saw. i told him to chill or id kick his a$$. well he chilled. ok so ive been having l/t headers and or/ h-pipe to install. so i tow it to the shop that has my headers. the trans had no problem when it whent besides the clutch. well i got it back yesterday and now it wont stay in first gear. its like it stays at the very edge of the gear. it wont engage, the slightest throttle and it throws out if gear. the rest of the gears are ok. so my bud told me they bent the shift for for first. i have the t3650 and my buddy told me $400 and he'd fix it. just pisses me off that it went there fine and comes back and i have to spend more money to fix it. sorry for the rant.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a bent shift fork but I bet that was your bros fault. Prolly tried jamming it to hard into first when the clutch was dying. Also, if you have an aftermarket short shifter adjust its stops. I thought I bent a fork in my old Fox but it turned out the shifter wasnt set right.

well when i bought the car i knew the trans was going out so i got the guy to drop 1200 on the price. so the trans whent out and i went throu like 2-3 t45's. they kept locking up in reverse so i had to step up to the t3650. i never had problems with this trans till now. my buddy said they could have bent the fork trying to force it in. also it would still go in first when the clutch was gone now you cant even feel it click in.

The 3650 is hardly a step up, lol.

Last ditch effort, but try this:

With the car off, put the shifter into first. Then put your foot under the clutch pedal and lift up. That is the factory adjustment method. It would be nice if that actually was the problem.

If that doesn't work, contact the shop, or just take the car back and explain that you are having problems since you left there.

my lil bro is still kicking himself in the ass for getting rid of the cobra he had. his bagged s-10 has been on jackstands for about a month cause he has an electrical prob and the slave cylinder, and fuel pump went out

You passed out in the back of the car drunk, he drove 130, you told him to "chill" and he "chilled"....

That's totally wack. I woulda kept it real if i wuz yoo. Word up.