King Cobra Build in Oregon

Had a friend way back when that had an early 70s Tbird with a 429. You're right, ugly as sin!! But either the truck OR the 35 Chevy would be cool to do something with! Of course that depends on their conditions.... Good luck with the truck! I hope it doesn't turn into a lawn ornament. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Rear section has been completed. All except the gas tank. Just found an OEM tank seal on ebay. Plus, I know I have forgotten something that will make me take the gas tank off. Did install the new air shocks. Heading to Rome Italy Monday for two week vacation. Hoping it warms up by then. Anything important happens I will post.

Reactions: 3 users
Off for Italy in a few hours. If anyone finds my ATM please let me know......I seem to have lost it. Wife thinks I did it on purpose so she will need to pay for stuff. She asked me where I lost it, I said"If i knew where I lost it I would go get it" Have not seen her since i said this. Hoping the swelling in my eye goes down be we leave........

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
Just bench racing on your window shopping trip.
A 71 T-bird is ugly. You might as well get a 77 Thunderboat and go in style.
11A7F776-97AC-4037-A8AF-ACBDEA16720A.png

Or get a Fox body Thunderbird so you can find room to park it. I’m not sure how hard it would be to fit a 429 in the 77, but 460 Mustang swap parts would help in the later T-Bird.

Reactions: 1 user
Back from Italy. Nice trip, except the United Airlines part. 7.5 hour delay out of Eugene and the flights went down hill from there. Well sorry to say someone has not found my ATM card. I was hopping to find boxes full of parts..... Going over to pick up my brake porporinal valve in a few. Had it power coated black. Oh while we were in Italy I told my wife I forgot my CC, so I saved my tire money......:coff:. Still looking for someone local who can repair my rims. Going to the Portland Oregon swap meet next month looking a newer set of several that are in better shape. If anyone else is going from up here in the northwest how about meeting?

Life Lessons Learned: Well, while taking the front coil springs off I learned a lesson. The shop manual does not say anything about using a coil spring compressor. Not a word. Read it three times. So, I followed the instructions. Put a floor jack under the lower A Arm. When I separated the ball joint from the lower A Arm the body jumped up about three inches, moved a couple of inches to the right and just about fell off of my lift.................I guess the shop manual was ASSUMING the engine was still installed. Lesson learned

As I am 72 years old; I know my doctor says I don’t look anything like my age and my wife keeps tell me to ACT my age. I find this age thing complicated. How am I suppose to act my age when I have never been this age.............

Anyway, regarding life lessons, I have a few that are important. I grew up in South San Francisco CA. When I was 16 I bought my first car, a 1956 Ford. V8 Auto two door. Black and white. Since I lived at home I had to drive my mom places. One day I had to drive her to San Bruno to do some shopping. For no reason at all a lady rear ended me driving a big old Chevy. ( I still don't like chevys) I was stopped behind a car at a red light. The lady hit the car behind me which hit me which then made me hit the car in front of me. As my car was bouncing back and forth I found out my MOTHER knew all the four letters words I was told by my sister to NEVER say........However, my radio which did not work began working. My car was totaled. Lesson learned was MOMS know four letter words.

Then while in the Marines going to tech school at NAS Jacksonville Florida. I was told by a fellow Marine from Texas the Marty Robins song “El Paso” was kinda a lie. Seemed during the wild west if two dude “Drew Leather” and one lost, it was not considered murder. So I asked why did they shot the guy. Well, it seems they shot him because he stole a horse..........for that you get shot.........And now I have learned to use a coil spring compressor when removing the other front shock. I guess it’s true, you never stop learning. At least I didn't hear anyone using four letter words and i didn't get shot! So that just about finishes my history lesson for tonight....Enjoy! :tss:

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I am happy you only learned a lesson. Sucks it was learned the hard way.

I had to have my 2 sons hanging off the front bumper putting the front end back together without an engine installed. Don't tighten the control arm bushing bolts with the suspension hanging down. It can cause binding in the bushings if they are tight then you add the weight of an engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Will do. So, it seems I ordered the wrong lower control arm. I ordered a kit for the aftermarket type MII front end. Now i need to find the lower control that also excepts the strut. Anyone have information where to look? I guess the upper will work.

Attachments

• Tube Frame.jpg
    Tube Frame.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 44
Found a lower control arm that is said to be the correct one. Part # 91034321

Speedway Mustang II Tubular Lower Control Arms for Coilover, Strut Rod​

Reactions: 1 user