King Cobra Clutch bolts right up?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I just ordered my King Cobra Clutch and was looking on the website and it explained this...

"King Cobra Clutch Kit
7560-C302
Kit consists of M-7550-A302 disc, M-7563-C302 Pressure plate and D9ZZ-7548-A throwout bearing. Clutches have NO warranty! All clutch discs have 1 1/16-10T hub except M-7563-T200. Fits all Mustang small block V-8 and 4.6L SOHC/DOHC engines. OK to mix and match Ford Motorsport clutch discs and pressure plates but do not install a M/S pressure plate with a stock disc or vice-versa a disengagement problem may occur. Installation of 10.5 clutch assemblies on vehicles equipped with 10 clutch requires flywheel. Metric fasteners and dowel pins must be used with 10.5 clutches. Requires metric pressure plate bolts N602549-S51M an alignment dowel pins D1FZ-6397-B."

Do I need those metric fasteners and dowel pins...what size is my clutch...

This clutch does fit my 93 right and I have a 95 T-5 transmission...

• Sponsors (?)

it will bolt right up... if u are reusing your original flywheel (resurface it) you dont need the dowel pins. also you can reuse your original flywheel bolts... just dont forget to put thread locker on her! other than that you should have no problems. :D

bossmstng302 said:
it will bolt right up... if u are reusing your original flywheel (resurface it) you dont need the dowel pins. also you can reuse your original flywheel bolts... just dont forget to put thread locker on her! other than that you should have no problems. :D

Good so it will bolt up to my car...and I dont' need those extra parts...that is good...I was afraid I was going to have to call back and cancel...

5spd GT said:
Also one more question referring to fitment...

I ordered this OEM non-adjustable clutch and was wondering if this clutch cable would fit my car with the 1995 T-5 trans...any differences in the length...

http://www.buyfordracing.com/Shop_Cart/shopexd.asp?id=168
Yes it will bolt right up. No there are no differences in length.

BTW that is the best kind of cable you can buy. Just make sure to grease each end where the cable comes out and slide it back and forth to get the grease moving in the cable. This will make the pedal feel much smoother and easier. :nice:

89sleeper said:
Yes it will bolt right up. No there are no differences in length.

BTW that is the best kind of cable you can buy. Just make sure to grease each end where the cable comes out and slide it back and forth to get the grease moving in the cable. This will make the pedal feel much smoother and easier. :nice:

Any particular grease that I need to use?

About the clutch fork...I figured maybe it might have been mounted at a different location on the 95 trans...but I guess not...

Is their anything I'm going to need with that clutch cable to install...bolts?

What quadrant are you running? Im using a fms quad and a stock non adj cable did not fit. My friend has the steeda double hood quad and a stock non adj cable worked on that. I use a fms adj.

I'm just about to order a King Cobra myself, where did you buy yours from bro? Also, is a new cable really necessary for a KC install? What about an aluminum quadrant - and can you install this with the original cable on there? Adjustible cables? Will the billet quadrant make it so the release point is at the bottom instead of the top?...I'm not too sure about that for daily driving. I just want to keep the amount of extra stuff to a minimum since I'm having someone do it, but I'm all for getting the best possible result. Sorry for hijacking, had a couple few questions.

5spd GT said:
Any particular grease that I need to use?

About the clutch fork...I figured maybe it might have been mounted at a different location on the 95 trans...but I guess not...

Is their anything I'm going to need with that clutch cable to install...bolts?
I use bearing grease. You should be fine with the clutch fork. You should not need anything to install extra to install the clutch cable.

If your gonna buy a HD clutch, you should get an aftermarket quadrant/cable/firewall adjuster. That stock plastic quad is weak ass plastic. I highly recommend the firewall adj as the stock cable bushing is also garbage and WILL start to flatten and lead to the clutch grabbinbg lower and lower to the point where it wil no longer go in gear. I speak from experience.

89sleeper said:
It holds like an HD but the pedal effort is like stock.
No, he meant HD as in stronger aftermarket clutch. I'd upgrade the quad/cable/FA like I said. My friend has the steeda kit and its nice. It was easier to install than my FMS kit.

jpctln said:
So will the plastic quad and original cable be all good and well for a while then? Thanks.
The plastic quadrant should be ok for now. But I would consider buying an aluminum one just to be safe. They really don't cost much. The easiest setup is to use one along with a firewall adjuster and factory cable. The factory cable is the best quality cable you can buy, so if yours is in good condition then you will be fine. If not you can go here and get a new one. http://www.buyfordracing.com/Shop_Cart/shopexd.asp?id=168
It is the cheapest place I can find to get one.

I hope it fits...I have a UPR firewall adjuster and UPR quadrant I believe...I think that is what the previous owner told me...

Grn92LX...what do you mean that (in your example) it didn't fit...was it to short or something?

If it doesn't fit I'll just reinstall my my current adjustable clutch cable :bang: ...and then figure out what I will need to change that...

I snapped a fms adj cable one day making a left in an intersection.I got the car home and I had a stock one in the garage and I tried to use it but it was an inch or so too short. I had to use another fms adj. On my friends steeda double hook quad a stock cable works. I have the fms one. Your upr should have 2 or 3 hooks and a stock cable should work if it does.

Grn92LX said:
I snapped a fms adj cable one day making a left in an intersection.I got the car home and I had a stock one in the garage and I tried to use it but it was an inch or so too short. I had to use another fms adj. On my friends steeda double hook quad a stock cable works. I have the fms one. Your upr should have 2 or 3 hooks and a stock cable should work if it does.

I can't get my 6ft 3in body up under that dash to see what is it :mad: ...so I figure I'm going to take out the seat when me and a buddy do the clutch and cable...

jpctln said:
I'm just about to order a King Cobra myself, where did you buy yours from bro?

I got mine from buyfordracing.com for $169 bucks and they also have OEM cables for $40 bucks (most places have them over $100)...and they have the driveshafts for $199 still... :nice: