King Cobra Interior Color

mrhurk

5 Year Member
Aug 17, 2018
Reading, PA
78 King Cobra, currently black on black going though a full restoration to give to my daughter. I had a white KC many years ago with the tangerine interior with plaid orange seats interior. I am considering changing my interior from black to Tangerine. My question is related to the color of the other interior pieces. Are original dor panels, dash panels and console painted to match the tangerine colored seat vinyl or are they tan in color closer to the color of the tan carpet?

Thanks,
Dean

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not 100% on this, but I think cars that came with tangerine seats had the rest of the interior match that color. I'm trying to remember way back in my ancient history, but I had a tangerine Mach 1, but I think that interior was all black. But for whatever reason, I keep thinking that maybe it was the dash, console, and carpet that were black and the seats, panels and headliner were tangerine...? I wish I had some pics of that car......

Like this!!

Attachments

• 78MustangII025.jpg
    78MustangII025.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 78MustangII028.jpg
    78MustangII028.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 459
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks LILCBRA, I have seen this picture and some others which had a tan colored interior. I had my white/tangerine KC in the early 80's and though I had tan colored door panels, but tht was a very long time ago and my memory might be failing.

I hear ya!! I had that Mach 1 in the early 90s. That's quite a while to remember any specifics like that anymore. The most I remember is it had a black dash and a black console, but when you said something about a tangerine plaid seat it made me doubt myself!

I think if it were me wanting to go with a tangerine interior, I'd probably stick with black as the other primary color, something that offsets the orange instead of somewhat blending with it. Just my 2 cents, and probably worth less than that! ;)

Reactions: 1 user