king cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Bwah ha ha ha ha who told you that?? hoo hoo :rlaugh: yup all of 139 hp and 15 sec. was a GOOD day more like 17-18 realistically. I remember my stang when it was bone stock... heh heh those days are gone though and now it DOES have 450 HP yeeeeee haaaaaaa! ride that pony!! :banana:

All the recent articles about the MII quote that high 17 second quarter mile time. What is the source for that? It must have been with a 302 AT with single leg 2.79 rear!

I can't help but think that a 302 4-speed with 3.55 Trak Loc rear would not have had a time closer to 15 seconds.

um i dont recal but i think i read that i a mustang mag almost 10yrs ago. honestly after i read that i wanted to get one and fix whatever made them slow but apperantly the articale was wrong. oh well one day i would still like to get one cuz the IIs have no street respect and i want a sleeper my 67 doesnt excatly fit that at all. that and im the second(mom didnt want me to be jr) so i thought it would be cool to have a sec gen mustang.

78CobraII said:
I can't help but think that a 302 4-speed with 3.55 Trak Loc rear would not have had a time closer to 15 seconds.

I don't think you could buy a II in that OE configuration.

3.55s weren't even offered in 77 and 78, near as I can tell, and the 4 speed wasn't available with 302 in '75, so it had to be '76, if ever.

The one article I recall was on a 78KC in Cali, so it was pretty strangled.

Dang it, now I'll have to go pull my old magazines for road tests :p